This document contains system requirements for WebSphere MQ V6 on Solaris SPARC platform.
The System Requirements documented on this page are for the Solaris SPARC platform. If you require support information about Solaris on the x86-64 platform refer to the Solaris x86-64 platform System Requirements.
|Java™ and JMS Client||
|Databases||Where IBM WebSphere MQ is acting as the transaction manager.|
|Transaction Manager||Where one of these products is acting as the transaction manager and IBM WebSphere MQ is acting as a resource manager, it's recommended that you contact the transaction manager vendor in the first instance for support. |
|Cryptography Cards||Refer to the Cryptography Card List for WebSphere MQ v6 and v7 document for further information.|
- For Oracle 9i, Release 2 with Patch Set 4 (V188.8.131.52) patch 3501955 is required.
- WebSphere Application Server V6.0.2 is required on Solaris 10.
- Where higher levels of WebSphere Application Server V6 are suggested, this only includes V6.x levels and does not include other product versions.
- Sun platform with 64-bit hardware, 32-bit and 64-bit WebSphere MQ APIs are supported and the OS must have a 64-bit kernel.
- On 64-bit platforms where WebSphere MQ provides both a 32-bit and a 64-bit product, there is NO migration path from V6 32-bit Queue Managers to V6 64-bit Queue Managers. You are strongly advised to install WebSphere MQ 64-bit products on 64-bit platforms as there is a migration path from V5 32-bit products to V6 64-bit products.
- The 'MQ Explorer' is not supported on this platform.
- Only DB2 and Oracle are supported for JDBC and XA usage.
- Solaris Zones support information.
- Only 64-bit DB2 instances can be used with 64-bit WebSphere MQ.
- WebSphere MQ 184.108.40.206 or later is required.
- For details of the Support Statement for JCA (on WebSphere MQ V220.127.116.11 or later only) please see here.
- WebSphere MQ 18.104.22.168 or later is required.
- Ensure that the latest BEA WebLogic SupportPac (SP) is installed; specifically, the following BEA WebLogic patches must be applied: CR249009, CR211194, CR243824, CR249009. Please contact BEA Technical Support if you need to acquire the patches.
- Defect support is available for virtualization environments where they relate to releases of this platform already supported by WebSphere MQ. Unless stated elsewhere in the system requirements, WebSphere MQ has not been specifically tested in virtualization environments. WebSphere MQ Support is therefore unable to assist in issues related to configuration and setup, or issues that are directly related to the virtualization environment itself.
- WebSphere MQ V22.214.171.124 or later is required.
- The resiliency feature of TXSeries V6.1/V6.2 is not supported with WMQ v6. For more details, please refer to
A Resiliency feature of TXSeries V6.1/V6.2 doesn't work with WMQ as RM.
- WMQ 126.96.36.199 or later is required.
- The use of the WebSphere MQ classes for JMS in EJBs and MDBs is fully supported. The WebSphere MQ base classes for Java are supported with restrictions - for more details see Using WebSphere MQ Java Interfaces in J2EE/JEE Environments.
- WMQ 188.8.131.52 or later is required.
- WMQ 184.108.40.206 or later is required.
- JDBC XA not supported.
- WMQ 220.127.116.11 or later is required.
- 27 July 2005: Changed Oracle 10g to Oracle 10g Release 1.
- 26 October 2005: Modifications to the format & minor clarifications.
- 14 November 2005: Added support for Sun ONE Studio V9.
- 4 January 2006: Added support for BEA Tuxedo V8.0.
- 19 March 2006: Removed Alebra Brixton PU2.1 SNA Server, Release 4.1.3 (SNA) as it is not supported.
- 31 March 2006: Added Solaris Zones support information.
- 2 May 2006: Added support for IBM SDK V5.0.
- 2 June 2006: Added support for Oracle 10GR2.
- 27 October 2006: Added support for Sun ONE Studio 11 Enterprise Edition for Solaris (C and C++).
- 25 January 2007: Only 64-bit DB2 instances can be used with 64-bit WebSphere MQ.
- 7 February 2007: Added support for IBM DB2 Universal Database V9.1 (JDBC/XA not supported)
- 30 March 2007: Added note 11.
- 12 July 2007: Made change to databases IBM DB2 and Connectivity TCP/IP.
- 9 October 2007: Substituted Sun Studio 11 software on Solaris Platforms for Sun ONE Studio 11 Enterprise Edition for Solaris (C and C++).
- 23 January, 2008: Added support for BEA WebLogic 9.2.
- 10 March 2008: Added virtualization note.
- 3 April 2008: Added support for TXSeries V6.1 and V6.2.
- 7 April 2008: Added support for Micro Focus Server Express V5.0 (COBOL).
- 30 April 2008: Clarified SSL support is not available with JDK 1.3.1.
- 6 May 2008: BEA WebLogic Server 8.1 now requires SP5 (previously SP4).
- 10 July 2008: In the Transaction Manager section added the IBM WebSphere Application Server V6.0.2 and V6.1 entries.
- 15 September 2008: Added support for BEA WebLogic 10.0.
- 10 November 2008: Added support for IBM WebSphere Application Server, including the WebSphere Application Server client container, V7.0.
- 22 December 2008: Added the Cryptography Cards section.
- 7 April 2009: Added support for IBM 32/64-bit SDK for Solaris, Java 2 Technology Edition V6.0.
- 23 June 2009: Added support for IBM DB2 V9.5 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows.
- 24 August 2009: Added support for Oracle 11g.
- 22 October 2009: Added support for Sun Studio 12.
- 22 October 2009: Added support for Micro Focus Server Express V5.1 (COBOL).
- 1 March 2010: Added support for Oracle WebLogic 10.3.
- 11 August 2010: Added support for Oracle WebLogic 10.3.1.
- 2 July 2012: Changed expiry date to keep current.
- 15 October 2013: Added clarification to SOAP support section.
- 15 October 2013: Corrected - Added clarification to SOAP support section.
- 2 July 2014: Changed expiry date to keep current.
- 5 July 2016: Changed expiry date to keep current.
Original Publication Date
27 June 2005
17 June 2018