What is the supported way to install the WebSphere MQ Java jar files, the MQ JMS jar files, or the C/C++ libraries?
Resolving The Problem
There are 2 sections, one for MQ 7.x and the other for MQ 8.0 and later
+++ Section 1: MQ 7.x
The only supported way to get the MQ jar files or the MQ C/C++ library files onto a system is to install either:
- the WebSphere MQ product or
- the WebSphere MQ Client SupportPacs.
To legally download and use a client you must first accept the terms and conditions specified in the License Agreement.
Do not copy the WebSphere MQ jar files to application EAR or WAR files.
Do not copy the WebSphere MQ jar or MQ C/C++ library files from other machines:
- Fix Packs cannot be applied to an "installation" where jar or C/C++ library files have been copied from another machine, and this makes it much more difficult to ensure that all of these jar/library files are kept in step with each other, and are at compatible levels.
- Copying jar/library files between machines can also result in multiple copies of the files residing on the same machine, which can cause problems servicing the code and debugging problems.
+++ Section 2: MQ 8.0 and later
a) Starting with MQ 8.0, you can use Relocatable JAR Files
- WebSphere MQ 8.0.0 > IBM MQ > Developing applications > Developing object-oriented applications with IBM MQ >
Using IBM MQ classes for Java > Installation and configuration of IBM MQ classes for Java >
What is installed for IBM MQ classes for Java
Relocatable JAR files
Within an enterprise, the following files can be moved to systems that need to run IBM MQ classes for Java applications:
The file com.ibm.mq.allclient.jar contains the IBM MQ classes for JMS, the IBM MQ classes for Java, and the PCF and Headers Classes. If you move this file to a new location, make sure that you take steps to keep this new location maintained with new IBM MQ Fix Packs. Also, make sure that the use of this file is made known to IBM Support if you are getting an interim fix.
To determine the version of the file com.ibm.mq.allclient.jar, use the command: java -jar com.ibm.mq.allclient.jar
b) Starting with MQ 188.8.131.52, you can use Redistributable files:
- Installation scenarios for MQ 8.0 and 9.0 in Linux and Windows - Chapter 8: You need to redistribute MQ runtime libraries with your application.
- How to download the MQ 184.108.40.206+ and MQ 9.0.0.x redistributable client images for Linux x86-64 and Windows 64-bit
- Bitesize Blogging: MQ 220.127.116.11 Redistributable Clients
15 June 2018