Question & Answer
What editions and versions of Microsoft Visual Studio can I install IBM Rational Functional Tester .NET scripting into?
Rational Functional Tester Supports the following editions of Microsoft Visual Studio as an IDE for .NET Scripting:
- Microsoft Visual Studio Standard
- Microsoft Visual Studio Professional
Other editions, such as Express, Team, and Premier Partner, are not supported.
If you do not have a license for Standard or Professional edition, you should consider using Rational Functional Tester Java Scripting. Java Scripting uses an Eclipse IDE and does not require an additional license purchase.
- Microsoft Visual Studio must be installed before IBM Rational Functional Tester .NET Scripting.
- When installing Visual Studio, you must select the Visual Basic component (this will be enabled by default).
- Microsoft Visual Studio versions 2003 and 2005 are supported in all 8.x versions of Rational Functional Tester.
- Microsoft Visual Studio version 2008 is not supported.
- Microsoft Visual Studio version 2010 is supported in Rational Functional Tester 126.96.36.199 and above.
16 June 2018