Question & Answer
What are the levels of storage agents and library clients that are compatible with V6.3, V7.1, and V8.1 IBM® Spectrum Protect servers that are configured as library managers?
Tip: The product now known as IBM Spectrum Protect™ was named IBM Tivoli® Storage Manager in releases earlier than Version 7.1.3. To learn more about the rebranding transition, see technote 1963634.
For lists of storage agents and library clients that are compatible with IBM Spectrum Protect servers that are configured as library managers, see the following table.
STORAGE-AGENT AND LIBRARY-CLIENT COMPATIBILITY
WITH IBM SPECTRUM PROTECT SERVERS
CONFIGURED AS LIBRARY MANAGERS
IBM Spectrum Protect server
(library manager) version
IBM Spectrum Protect
library client and storage agent versions
8.1, 7.1, 6.3
- In cases where a storage agent uses an IBM Spectrum Protect server that is also a library client, the storage agent must meet the compatibility requirements for both the library manager and the library client.
- A problem might occur between an IBM Spectrum Protect server and a library client or storage agent that is not at the latest modification level for that version and release of the server. To receive a fix for a problem, you might have to upgrade the storage agent or library client to the server's modification level.
- New function that is available in a specific version, release, and modification level of the server is not supported with earlier version, release, and modification levels of the storage agent.
- V6.3 or later storage agents can use LAN-free data movement to access storage pools that contain data that was deduplicated by clients.
- To prevent problems unloading and returning tape volumes back to the IBM Spectrum Protect-controlled library, upgrade the IBM Spectrum Protect server library client to V.22.214.171.124. See APAR IC98448.
- Operating System support for storage agents and servers, see technote 1243309.
- Operations Center and server compatibility, see technote 1640917.
- Compatibility between versions of the backup-archive client and versions of the server and storage agent, plus upgrade considerations, see technote 1053218.
ADSM;TSM;IBM Spectrum Protect
Was this topic helpful?
17 June 2018