Upon initially logging in to Maximo, the Start Center and Go To menu icons appear as broken links. Navigating away from the Start Center and then returning shows images correctly.
After initially logging in to the Maximo Start Center the images are replaced with broken link placeholders as seen in the below screenshot:
Subsequent navigation within the application displays images properly even if returning to the Start Center.
When Application Server Security (LDAP) is enabled, the path to images must be absolute otherwise page requests for image files will be considered unauthorized by the Application Server. When the user navigates away from the Start Center and then returns, the images are displayed because the Browser is now using the absolute paths generated by the internal Start Center link.
Maximo Base Services version 6 or 7 using Application Server Security.
Diagnosing The Problem
To ensure the below fixes are suitable for your issue, verify that the symptoms above are met; specifically that images are properly displayed when further navigating within the application.
Resolving The Problem
- Edit the web.xml in the following directory:
- In the web.xml locate the Welcome-File-List which directs users into the application once they are authenticated. Edit to reflect the following path:
<!-- The welcome-file-list contains an ordered list of welcome files elements. -->
<!-- The welcome-file element contains file name to use as a default
welcome file, such as index.html -->
- Save the XML file, then rebuild and redeploy the Maximo.EAR file.
- Edit the webclient.properties in the following directory:
- Locate the following parameter and change it to 'true':
- Save the file, then rebuild and redeploy the Maximo.EAR file.
Note: Maximo Base Services Fix Packs 18.104.22.168 through 22.214.171.124 may not fully realize this fix due to APAR IZ37057 which reportedly only affects 2% of images in the application.
28 January 2019