This utility can be installed on a Storwize V7000 Unified system to help find potential problems that might prevent a software upgrade from completing successfully.
The utility can be installed and run as many times as necessary on the same system to perform a readiness check-in preparation for a software upgrade. We strongly recommend running this utility for a final time immediately before applying a software upgrade.
The installation and usage of this utility is non-disruptive and does not require any nodes to be restarted, so there is no interruption to host I/O.
When preparing for a software upgrade, system administrators should also review any Flash Alerts relating to the Storwize V7000 Unified software version they are intending to install and read the release notes.
- 1. Download the Software Upgrade Test Utility by using the download link at the bottom of this page
- - For upgrading to 1.4.2.X, 1.4.3.X, 1.5.X.X or 1.6.X.X use 'Software Upgrade Test Utility for 1.4/1.5/1.6'. Note that the utility name on FixCentral is 'StorageDisk-2073-SwUpgradeTestUtility-New'. The current version is 18.3
3. Select Upgrade Software.
Upgrading to pre-184.108.40.206 version:
- 4. Contact IBM support to get the Upgrade Test Utility. Click Upload File, then Browse to select the package to be uploaded.
5. Wait for the file upload process to complete.
6. From the list of files, select the check box for the file name of the utility package you uploaded.
7. Click Actions; then, select Install.
- 4. Select Check For Updates.
5. Select Download. To run the test utility, download both the utility and the upgrade package from the links provided.
6. Once the files are downloaded to your workstation, click Upload Upgrade Files. You need to upload both, test utility and the upgrade package in the appropriate boxes.
7. Once the uploads are complete, close the dialog box and then click "Verify System".
Was this topic helpful?
08 October 2021