IBM Content Collector for SAP Applications on Microsoft Windows is affected by a vulnerability caused by InstallAnywhere.
DESCRIPTION: Flexera InstallAnywhere could allow a local attacker to gain elevated privileges on the system, caused by an untrusted search path. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a Trojan horse DLL in the current working directory of a setup-launcher executable file to gain elevated privileges on the system.
CVSS Base Score: 7.8
CVSS Temporal Score: See https://exchange.xforce.ibmcloud.com/vulnerabilities/113016 for the current score
CVSS Environmental Score*: Undefined
CVSS Vector: (CVSS:3.0/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H)
Affected Products and Versions
IBM Content Collector for SAP Applications V2.2
IBM Content Collector for SAP Applications V3.0
For IBM Content Collector for SAP Applications V2.2 IBM recommends upgrading to a fixed, supported version of the product.
|IBM Content Collector for SAP Applications||18.104.22.168||HE12546||Apply the updated 22.214.171.124-ICCSAP-Server-WIN.zip and 126.96.36.199-ICCSAP-Client-WIN.zip which are available from Fix Central|
For the download details, see www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24041471
IBM Content Collector for SAP Applications V4.0 is not affected by this vulnerability, since it uses IBM Installation Manager instead of Flexera InstallAnywhere.
Workarounds and Mitigations
- As an administrator, create a new secure directory. The directory must not exist before and only the administrator should have write permission to it.
- Unzip or copy the files from your installation media into this new directory.
- Rename the file install.exe to ICCSAP_install.exe. Do not skip this step.
- in install.bat change the line
- Ensure there are no DLL files in this directory.
- Run install.bat from this directory to install the product. Proceed with the installation as normal.
Get Notified about Future Security Bulletins
26 May 2016 - Original version
*The CVSS Environment Score is customer environment specific and will ultimately impact the Overall CVSS Score. Customers can evaluate the impact of this vulnerability in their environments by accessing the links in the Reference section of this Security Bulletin.
Review the IBM security bulletin disclaimer and definitions regarding your responsibilities for assessing potential impact of security vulnerabilities to your environment.
Was this topic helpful?
17 June 2018