An unauthorized access vulnerability exists in the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) client Web GUI
A vulnerability in the TSM client Web GUI allows unauthorized access to the TSM server.
CVSS Base Score: 5.1
CVSS Temporal Score: See https://exchange.xforce.ibmcloud.com/vulnerabilities/81216 for the current score
CVSS Environmental Score*: Undefined
CVSS Vector: (AV:N/AC:H/Au:N/C:P/I:P/A:P)
AFFECTED PRODUCTS AND VERSIONS, include only:
- TSM Client 184.108.40.206
- TSM Client 6.3.0.x
|TSM Release||First Fixing VRMF Level||Client|
|APAR||Link to fix|
- If using client acceptor service (CAD) scheduling, prevent the use of the Web GUI by setting the MANAGEDSERVICES option value to only SCHEDULE.
- If using traditional scheduling, disable the CAD service. On Windows, the administrator disables 'xxxx' in the TSM Workstation Backup Properties. On UNIX, xxxx. On Macintosh, set the MANAGEDSERVICES option to the value of NONE.
- In the client option file, specify:
See Workarounds above.
· Complete CVSS Guide
· On-line Calculator V2
· X-Force Vulnerability Database https://exchange.xforce.ibmcloud.com/vulnerabilities/81216
IBM Secure Engineering Web Portal
IBM Product Security Incident Response Blog
31 January 2013: Original Copy Published
07 February 2013: Two changes:
1. Changed the Description to remove the phrase 'from the local network to files stored on', to more closely match in words the CVSS score and the X-Force Description
2. Added 'Only' to the Releases Affected to make it clear that only 6.3.0.x and 220.127.116.11 are affected.
20 February 2013: Added workaround for CAD schedule users to prevent Web GUI use
*The CVSS Environment Score is customer environment specific and will ultimately impact the Overall CVSS Score. Customers can evaluate the impact of this vulnerability in their environments by accessing the links in the Reference section of this Flash.
Note: According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY
17 June 2018