POWER9: In response to a buffer overflow vulnerability on the boot loader, a new Power System firmware update is being released to address Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures issue number CVE 2018-1992.
CVSS Base Score: 6.4
CVSS Temporal Score: See https://exchange.xforce.ibmcloud.com/vulnerabilities/154345
CVSS Environmental Score*: Undefined
CVSS Vector: (CVSS:3.0/AV:L/AC:H/PR:H/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H)
Affected Products and Versions
1) IBM Power System S922 (9009-22A)
2) IBM Power System H922 (9223-22H)
3) IBM Power System S914 (9009-41A)
4) IBM Power System S924 (9009-42A)
5) IBM Power System H924 (9223-42H)
6) IBM Power System L922 (9008-22L)
2) IBM Power System AC922 (8335-GTW)
Customers with the product below running OP910, install V0.55.1-20190503/BMC 2.06
1) IBM Power System LC922 (9006-22C)
2) IBM Power System LC922 (5104-22C)
1) IBM Power System LC921 (9006-12P)
2) IBM Power System LC922 (9006-22P)
Get Notified about Future Security Bulletins
*The CVSS Environment Score is customer environment specific and will ultimately impact the Overall CVSS Score. Customers can evaluate the impact of this vulnerability in their environments by accessing the links in the Reference section of this Security Bulletin.
Review the IBM security bulletin disclaimer and definitions regarding your responsibilities for assessing potential impact of security vulnerabilities to your environment.
Was this topic helpful?
07 December 2021