POWER9: In response to a buffer overflow vulnerability on the boot loader, a new Power System firmware update is being released to address Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures issue number CVE 2018-1992.
CVSS Base Score: 6.4
CVSS Temporal Score: See https://exchange.xforce.ibmcloud.com/vulnerabilities/154345
CVSS Environmental Score*: Undefined
CVSS Vector: (CVSS:3.0/AV:L/AC:H/PR:H/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H)
Affected Products and Versions
1) IBM Power System S922 (9009-22A)
2) IBM Power System H922 (9223-22H)
3) IBM Power System S914 (9009-41A)
4) IBM Power System S924 (9009-42A)
5) IBM Power System H924 (9223-42H)
6) IBM Power System L922 (9008-22L)
2) IBM Power System AC922 (8335-GTW)
Customers with the product below running OP910, install V0.55.1-20190503/BMC 2.06
1) IBM Power System LC922 (9006-22C)
2) IBM Power System LC922 (5104-22C)
1) IBM Power System LC921 (9006-12P)
2) IBM Power System LC922 (9006-22P)
Get Notified about Future Security Bulletins
*The CVSS Environment Score is customer environment specific and will ultimately impact the Overall CVSS Score. Customers can evaluate the impact of this vulnerability in their environments by accessing the links in the Reference section of this Security Bulletin.
According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES ""AS IS"" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
21 May 2019