Due to incorrect cache headers sensitive information might be stored locally which can be accessed by another user on the same system.
DESCRIPTION: IBM Business Process Manager allows web pages to be stored locally which can be read by another user on the system.
CVSS Base Score: 4
CVSS Temporal Score: See https://exchange.xforce.ibmcloud.com/vulnerabilities/135856 for the current score
CVSS Environmental Score*: Undefined
CVSS Vector: (CVSS:3.0/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N)
Affected Products and Versions
- IBM Business Process Manager V220.127.116.11 through V18.104.22.168
- IBM Business Process Manager V22.214.171.124 through V126.96.36.199
- IBM Business Process Manager V188.8.131.52 through V184.108.40.206
- IBM Business Process Manager V220.127.116.11
- IBM Business Process Manager V18.104.22.168 through V22.214.171.124 CF2
- IBM Business Process Manager V126.96.36.199 through V188.8.131.52 Cumulative Fix 2017.06
- IBM Business Process Manager V184.108.40.206
- IBM Business Process Manager Enterprise Service Bus V220.127.116.11
- WebSphere Lombardi Edition V18.104.22.168 through V22.214.171.124
The recommended solution is to apply the Interim Fix (iFix) or Cumulative Fix (CF) containing APAR JR58706 as soon as practical:
- IBM Business Process Manager
- IBM Business Process Manager Advanced
- IBM Business Process Manager Standard
- IBM Business Process Manager Express
For IBM BPM V126.96.36.199 (released 2017.09)
For IBM BPM V188.8.131.52 through V184.108.40.206 CF 2017.06
For IBM BPM V220.127.116.11 through V18.104.22.168 CF2
For IBM BPM V22.214.171.124
- Apply iFix JR58706
For IBM BPM V126.96.36.199 through V188.8.131.52
For IBM BPM V184.108.40.206 through V220.127.116.11
- Upgrade to minimal Refresh Pack 1, install Fix Pack 3 as required by iFix and then apply iFix JR58706
For IBM BPM V18.104.22.168 through V22.214.171.124
- Upgrade to minimal Refresh Pack 1, install Fix Pack 2 as required by iFix and then apply iFix JR58706
For WebSphere Lombardi Edition V126.96.36.199 through V188.8.131.52
- Apply iFix JR58706
As IBM Business Process Manager V7.5, V8.0, and WebSphere Lombardi Edition are out of general support, customers with a support extension contract can contact IBM support to request the fix.
Workarounds and Mitigations
Get Notified about Future Security Bulletins
IBM strongly suggests that all System z customers be subscribed to the System z Security Portal to receive the latest critical System z security and integrity service. If you are not subscribed, see the instructions on the System z Security web site. Security and integrity APARs and associated fixes will be posted to this portal. IBM suggests reviewing the CVSS scores and applying all security or integrity fixes as soon as possible to minimize any potential risk.
23 March 2018: initial version published
30 March 2018: added WebSphere Lombardi Edition
*The CVSS Environment Score is customer environment specific and will ultimately impact the Overall CVSS Score. Customers can evaluate the impact of this vulnerability in their environments by accessing the links in the Reference section of this Security Bulletin.
Review the IBM security bulletin disclaimer and definitions regarding your responsibilities for assessing potential impact of security vulnerabilities to your environment.
Internal Use Only
Advisory ID 10454
Product Record ID 105182
Was this topic helpful?
15 September 2022