A custom LDAP client can be created which would cause IBM Tivoli Directory Server to crash by sending a malformed paged search request. This can cause a denial of service.
CVE ID: CVE-2012-0743
DESCRIPTION: A custom LDAP client can be created which would cause IBM Tivoli Directory Server to crash by sending a malformed paged search request. It is not believed that this vulnerability could be exploited to execute arbitrary code, gain unauthorized access or corrupt data, but it can cause denial of service.
CVSS Base Score: 5
CVSS Temporal Score: See https://exchange.xforce.ibmcloud.com/vulnerabilities/74663 for the current score
CVSS Environmental Score*: Undefined
CVSS String: (AV:N/AC:L/Au:N/C:N/I:N/A:P)
AFFECTED PLATFORMS: Version 6.3 and earlier
For TDS versions not listed here contact IBM Technical Support
If assistance is required to determine the version, release of TDS installed, see the following url for information
· Paged searches can be disabled by configuring ibm-slapdPagedResLmt = 0.
· Paged searches can be restricted to administrators only by configuring ibm-slapdPagedResAllowNonAdmin = FALSE.
· All searches (including paged searches) can be restricted to authenticated users only by configuring ibm-slapdAllowAnon = FALSE. This would prevent anonymous users from being able to connect to the server, but authenticated users could still potentially crash the server if paged searches are enabled.
· Complete CVSS Guide
· On-line Calculator V2
· X-Force Database
· IBM Product Security Incident Response Program
· IBM Tivoli Directory Server Support
|Created/Revised by||Date of Creation/Update||Summary of Changes|
|brookh||2012/04/17||Add CVSS disclaimer|
|brookh||2014/04/25||Redirect broken DCF links to fix central|
*The CVSS Environment Score is customer environment specific and will ultimately impact the Overall CVSS Score. Customers can evaluate the impact of this vulnerability in their environments by accessing the links in the Reference section of this Flash.
Note: According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
LDAP TDS ITDS IDS
Was this topic helpful?
25 September 2022