A vulnerability, if exploited, could disable or impair the use of certain versions of Aspera Connect.
UPDATE 12/9/2019: The certificate for local.connectme.us has been revoked, as a result, Aspera Connect 3.7 and 3.8 no longer function on Firefox and Safari. The web application integrated with Connect must upgrade to Connect 3.9.x SDK and set the Connect minVersion to 3.9.0. End users must upgrade to Connect 3.9 and enable the corresponding web browser extension.
CVSS Base Score: 7.5
CVSS Temporal Score: 7.2
CVSS Environmental Score*: Undefined
CVSS Vector: CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H/RL:O
Affected Products and Versions
- IBM Aspera Connect 3.7.x, 3.8.x
- IBM Aspera Connect 3.7.x or 3.8.x SDK
|IBM Aspera Connect||3.9.0||None||https://downloads.asperasoft.com/connect2/|
|IBM Aspera Connect SDK||3.10.0||None||https://api.ibm.com/explorer/catalog/aspera/product/ibm-aspera/api/connect-sdk/doc/connect_sdk_guide|
- To ensure uninterrupted service, IBM recommends upgrading your web application to use Connect SDK 3.10.0 or newer and configure the minimum version of the client to 3.10.0.
- Customers pointing their web application to our default Connect SDK URL (https://d3gcli72yxqn2z.cloudfront.net/connect), the URL will be upgraded by June 24, 2019. Once that happens, please configure your web application's minimum version of the client to 3.10.0.
Get Notified about Future Security Bulletins
This vulnerability was reported to IBM by SEC Consult.
- Original: 15 June 2019
- Updated: 10 December 2019
*The CVSS Environment Score is customer environment specific and will ultimately impact the Overall CVSS Score. Customers can evaluate the impact of this vulnerability in their environments by accessing the links in the Reference section of this Security Bulletin.
Review the IBM security bulletin disclaimer and definitions regarding your responsibilities for assessing potential impact of security vulnerabilities to your environment.
Internal Use Only
Was this topic helpful?
23 October 2020