Cross-site scripting vulnerability in an instance user interface affects IBM Business Process Manager.
CVSS Base Score: 5.4
CVSS Temporal Score: See https://exchange.xforce.ibmcloud.com/vulnerabilities/136152 for the current score
CVSS Environmental Score*: Undefined
CVSS Vector: (CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N)
Affected Products and Versions
- IBM Business Process Manager V188.8.131.52
- IBM Business Process Manager V184.108.40.206 through V220.127.116.11 CF2
- IBM Business Process Manager V18.104.22.168 through V22.214.171.124 Cumulative Fix 2017.06
- IBM Business Process Manager V126.96.36.199 through V188.8.131.52 Cumulative Fix 2017.12
The recommended solution is to apply the Interim Fix (iFix) or Cumulative Fix (CF) containing APAR JR58901 as soon as practical:
- IBM Business Process Manager
- IBM Business Process Manager Advanced
- IBM Business Process Manager Standard
- IBM Business Process Manager Express
For IBM BPM V184.108.40.206 thorugh V220.127.116.11 CF 2017.12
- Install CF 2018.03 or later
For IBM BPM V18.104.22.168 through V22.214.171.124 CF 2017.06
For IBM BPM V126.96.36.199 through V188.8.131.52 CF2
For IBM BPM V184.108.40.206
- Apply iFix JR58901
Workarounds and Mitigations
Get Notified about Future Security Bulletins
IBM strongly suggests that all System z customers be subscribed to the System z Security Portal to receive the latest critical System z security and integrity service. If you are not subscribed, see the instructions on the System z Security web site. Security and integrity APARs and associated fixes will be posted to this portal. IBM suggests reviewing the CVSS scores and applying all security or integrity fixes as soon as possible to minimize any potential risk.
23 March 2018: initial version published
*The CVSS Environment Score is customer environment specific and will ultimately impact the Overall CVSS Score. Customers can evaluate the impact of this vulnerability in their environments by accessing the links in the Reference section of this Security Bulletin.
Review the IBM security bulletin disclaimer and definitions regarding your responsibilities for assessing potential impact of security vulnerabilities to your environment.
Internal Use Only
Advisory ID 10480
Product Record ID 105262
Was this topic helpful?
15 September 2022