Cross-site scripting vulnerability affects components used by the following products that may affect those products: Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM), Rational DOORS Next Generation (RDNG), Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager (RELM), Rational Team Concert (RTC), Rational Quality Manager (RQM), Rational Rhapsody Design Manager (Rhapsody DM) and Rational Software Architect Design Manager (RSA DM).
CVSS Base Score: 5.4
CVSS Temporal Score: See https://exchange.xforce.ibmcloud.com/vulnerabilities/148616 for the current score
CVSS Environmental Score*: Undefined
CVSS Vector: (CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N)
Affected Products and Versions
Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management 5.0 - 6.0.6
Rational Quality Manager 5.0 - 5.0.2
Rational Quality Manager 6.0 - 6.0.6
Rational Team Concert 5.0 - 5.0.2
Rational Team Concert 6.0 - 6.0.6
Rational DOORS Next Generation 5.0 - 5.0.2
Rational DOORS Next Generation 6.0 - 6.0.6
Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager 5.0 - 5.0.2
Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager 6.0 - 6.0.6
Rational Rhapsody Design Manager 5.0 - 5.0.2
Rational Rhapsody Design Manager 6.0 - 6.0.6
Rational Software Architect Design Manager 5.0 - 5.0.2
Rational Software Architect Design Manager 6.0 - 6.0.1
For the 6.0 - 6.0.6 releases:
- Upgrade to version 6.0.6 iFix003 or later
- Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management 6.0.6 iFix003
- Rational DOORS Next Generation 6.0.6 iFix003
- Rational Quality Manager 6.0.6 iFix003
- Rational Team Concert 6.0.6 iFix003
- Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager: Upgrade to version 6.0.5 and install server from CLM 6.0.6 iFix003
- Rational Rhapsody Design Manager: Upgrade to version 6.0.5 and install server from CLM 6.0.6 iFix003
- Rational Software Architect Design Manager: Upgrade to version 6.0.5 and install server from CLM 6.0.6 iFix003
- Or upgrade to version 6.0.2 iFix019 or later (Planned publication date within 30 days)
- Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management 6.0.2 iFix019
- Rational Team Concert 6.0.2 iFix019
- Rational Quality Manager 6.0.2 iFix019
- Rational DOORS Next Generation 6.0.2 iFix019
- Rational Software Architect Design Manager: Upgrade to version 6.0.2 and install server from CLM 6.0.2 iFix019
- Rational Rhapsody Design Manager: Upgrade to version 6.0.2 and install server from CLM 6.0.2 iFix019
- Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager: Upgrade to version 6.0.2 and install server from CLM 6.0.2 iFix019
For the 5.x releases, upgrade to version 5.0.2 iFix27 or later
- Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management 5.0.2 iFix027
- Rational Team Concert 5.0.2 iFix027
- Rational Quality Manager 5.0.2 iFix027
- Rational DOORS Next Generation 5.0.2 iFix027
- Rational Software Architect Design Manager: Upgrade to version 5.0.2 and install server from CLM 5.0.2 iFix027
- Rational Rhapsody Design Manager: Upgrade to version 5.0.2 and install server from CLM 5.0.2 iFix027
- Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager: Upgrade to version 5.0.2 and install server from CLM 5.0.2 iFix027
For any prior versions of the products listed above, IBM recommends upgrading to a fixed, supported version/release/platform of the product.
If the iFix is not found in the Fix Portal please contact IBM Support.
Workarounds and Mitigations
Get Notified about Future Security Bulletins
IBM strongly suggests that all System z customers be subscribed to the System z Security Portal to receive the latest critical System z security and integrity service. If you are not subscribed, see the instructions on the System z Security web site. Security and integrity APARs and associated fixes will be posted to this portal. IBM suggests reviewing the CVSS scores and applying all security or integrity fixes as soon as possible to minimize any potential risk.
27 November 2018: Initial publication
*The CVSS Environment Score is customer environment specific and will ultimately impact the Overall CVSS Score. Customers can evaluate the impact of this vulnerability in their environments by accessing the links in the Reference section of this Security Bulletin.
According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES ""AS IS"" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY. In addition to other efforts to address potential vulnerabilities, IBM periodically updates the record of components contained in our product offerings. As part of that effort, if IBM identifies previously unidentified packages in a product/service inventory, we address relevant vulnerabilities regardless of CVE date. Inclusion of an older CVEID does not demonstrate that the referenced product has been used by IBM since that date, nor that IBM was aware of a vulnerability as of that date. We are making clients aware of relevant vulnerabilities as we become aware of them. "Affected Products and Versions" referenced in IBM Security Bulletins are intended to be only products and versions that are supported by IBM and have not passed their end-of-support or warranty date. Thus, failure to reference unsupported or extended-support products and versions in this Security Bulletin does not constitute a determination by IBM that they are unaffected by the vulnerability. Reference to one or more unsupported versions in this Security Bulletin shall not create an obligation for IBM to provide fixes for any unsupported or extended-support products or versions.
Internal Use Only
Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management Solution
Was this topic helpful?
28 April 2021