This release note contains upgrade instructions and new features in IBM® WinCollect Agent V10.1.7
- About WinCollect V10.1.7
- Prerequisites for the WinCollect upgrade
- How to upgrade to WinCollect v10.1.7
About WinCollect V10.1.7
WinCollect 10.1.7 is available for stand-alone only deployments.
Important: Beginning in V10.1.4, WinCollect now uses a virtual account to increase application security. If you are upgrading from 10.1.3 or lower, refer to the 10.1.4 release notes for upgrade instructions.
Bug fixes and improvements including the following:
- Fixed an issue where the WinCollect virtual account cannot be used on a domain controller (IJ47086)
- Fixed an issue in the WinCollect Console with the Active Directory fields were not taking effect (IJ47348)
- Fixed an issue where the WinCollect virtual account is not added to the administrators group on non-English operating systems (IJ47330)
- Fixed an issue where Windows "restricted group" policies can prevent WinCollect from collecting security logs or file based logs (IJ48021)
- Fixed an issue where WinCollect fails to install or update on any drive other than C:\ when using the GUI wizard (IJ47643)
- Fixed a security vulnerability with XML injection in certain WinCollect Console fields
- Updated version of a third-party library
- Windows® Server 2022 (including Core)
- Windows® Server 2019 (including Core)
- Windows® Server 2016 (including Core)
- Windows® Server 2012 (including Core)
- Windows® 10 (most recent)
- Windows® 11 (most recent)
IBM® Statement for WinCollect supported versions
Supported software versions for IBM® WinCollect are the latest version (n) and the latest minus one (n-1). Therefore, the two newest versions of WinCollect are the versions that QRadar® support suggests with any support tickets (cases) that are opened. To prevent issues, it is important that you, as an administrator, keep WinCollect deployments updated when new versions are posted to IBM® Fix Central. For questions related to this statement, ask in the WinCollect forum: http://ibm.biz/wincollectforums.
Prerequisites for the WinCollect V10.1.7 upgrade
WinCollect 10.0.1 and WinCollect V7.3.0 or greater agents that are in stand-alone mode can be upgraded to WinCollect V10.1.7.
QRadar® version prerequisites
WinCollect V10.1.7 supports QRadar® V7.5.0 or later.
WinCollect version prerequisites
WinCollect V7.3.0 stand-alone is the minimum version required to upgrade to QRadar® V10.x (any patch level).
WinCollect upgrade procedure
For more information about installing or upgrading WinCollect 10, see IBM Documentation.
WinCollect Agent update links for 64-bit and 32-bit downloads:
- Download files for QRadar 7.5
Full URL: https://www.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/swg/selectFixes?parent=IBM%20Security&product=ibm/Other+software/IBM+Security+QRadar+SIEM&release=7.5.0&platform=Linux&function=fixId&fixids=7.5.0-QRADAR-AGENT_x86_WINCOLLECT-10.1.7-11.msi,7.5.0-QRADAR-AGENT_x64_WINCOLLECT-10.1.7-11.msi&includeSupersedes=0&source=fc
For more information about stand-alone mode, see IBM Documentation.
Was this topic helpful?
30 August 2023