A recent Microsoft® security update, as described in Microsoft security bulletin MS12-027, can prevent the TM1 Perspectives add-in from loading correctly.
IBM® Cognos® TM1® Perspective will fail to load in the following scenario:
- Launch TM1 Perspectives from the Windows® Start menu.
Receive error "Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine".
- Click OK on error message.
Second error appears indicating "Compile error in hidden module: MenuFuncs".
- Click OK on this error message.
The TM1 Perspectives add-in does not load.
This scenario is indicative of a problem with the cached versions of some control type libraries associated with Microsoft VBA.
To resolve this issue, refer to the procedures described in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 2664258 and Microsoft security bulletin MS12-027:
- Go to http://support.microsoft.com and search for 2664258.
- Open the link for "MS12-027: Vulnerability in MSCOMCTL.OCX could allow Remote Code Execution: April 10, 2012" and review the information.
- Open the link for the following article and review the information:
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS12-027 - Critical
NOTE: The updated Microsoft mscomctl.ocx file to fix this issue should be dated June 2012 or later.
17 June 2018