IBM Rational License Key Server 8.1.4 is now generally available and contains new features as well as fixes for customer-reported and internally found defects.
|This section provides an overview on what is new in this release with a description of any new functions or enhancements when applicable.|
|This section provides information related to the impact of this release to allow you to assess how your environment may be affected.|
|This section provides important information to review prior to the installation of this release.|
|This section provides the direct link to obtain the download package for installation in your environment.|
|This section provides the installation instructions necessary to apply this release into your environment.|
|This section contains a link to the known problems (open defects) identified at the time of this release.|
|Passport Advantage||Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express clients are required to sign in to download the software package.|
|IBM OEM software||IBM Software Group OEM offerings are designed for partners who develop and sell business solutions with embedded or bundled IBM middleware software. Clients with Flexible Contract Type (FCT) license purchases and IBM Business Partners must sign in to download the software package.|
|Fix Central||This release is also available to download from Fix Central.|
How critical is this fix?
|This release is a service release of Rational License Key Server. It contains new features as well as fixes for client-reported and internally found defects.|
Click the Fix List link in the table of contents above to review a list of the problems solved in this release.
Known Side Effects
- A single license server cannot be managed by more than one Rational License Key Server Administration and Reporting Tool.
- The reports that are exported to CSV, TSV, XML, and JSON format contains only hourly data.
- Double-byte characters that are used as a host name to add a license server in Rational License Key Server Administration and Reporting Tool does not identify the server. The server status is displayed as unreachable in the tool.
- Rational License Server Agent fails to start on AIX 7.1 Technology Level 1, Service Pack 0 and 1. (technote 1646465)
- No validation check is performed to prevent duplicate report names with which reports are saved.
- The installation log of Rational License Key Server Administration and Reporting Tool package shows error messages after the package is installed.
- Oversized images are truncated or corrupted, and are not displayed by the browser. The web browsers display images that are 32,600 pixels wide or long.
- The reports definitions are not saved according to the schedule options (daily, weekly, monthly) selected by the user. The definitions are saved according to the highlighted schedule option (daily, weekly, monthly) that is selected before saving the report definition.
- CPU Utilization may be high when Rational License Key Server Administration Agent is processing the license server log file. (technote 1648220)
- Out-Of-Box (OOB) reports in IBM Rational License Key Server Administration And Reporting Tool may show subset of information for large volume of data. (technote 1647564)
- Rational License Key Server Administration and Reporting Tool throws an 'Unresponsive Script Error' in the Firefox browser. (technote 1647974)
- User based reports display non-hourly frequencies for GMT, not local time zones. (technote 1648391)
- IBM Rational License Key Server Administration and Reporting Tool - It provides server administration and reporting capabilities. The server administration capability is for administering the license servers to generate license usage reports. With the reporting capability, various helpful reports are generated from on the license server artifacts.
- IBM Rational License Key Server Administration Agent - Rational License Key Server Administration Agent administers the license servers. It uses the server log file to collect license usage data. The server administration agent is installed on the computer where Rational License Key Server or Collaborative Lifecycle Management license server is installed.
This release also contains updated components for Rational License Key Server, Rational License Key Administrator, and Rational License Borrow tool.
Was this topic helpful?
20 July 2018