Question & Answer
What are some quick steps to installing, setting up, and launching IBM Rational Doors Web Access (DWA) on Windows?
For detailed instructions and any special configurations, visit the DOORS Information Center:
- Review the Readme file, that comes with your install of Doors Web Access, and verify that the system and DOORS Interoperation Server are compatible with DWA.
- Install the Rational DOORS database server. If you have already installed a database server, you need the port number and the name of the server machine for use later in the procedure.
- Install the Interoperation server, which is a DOORS client. If you have a DOORS client installed, you do not need to install the interoperation server.
- Install the Rational® DOORS® Web Access (DWA)
- Identify the database Universal Resource Name
- If the Rational DOORS database server is not already running, then start it.
- Start the Rational DOORS client and log in to the database.
- In either the Rational DOORS database explorer or a module window, click Tools > Edit DXL.
- Type the following DXL script into the DXL input pane:
- Click Run to run the program. A 16 digit hexadecimal number is output, for example
This forms part of the database URN. In this example, the database URN is:
- Make a note for later use.
- Note: You can also retrieve the database Universal Resource Name by going to the Database Properties and looking at the end of the URL. The id will be between the "1- and "-A". For example, if you see "1-4d52f8f42a405d3f-A" at the end of the URL. The database Universal Resource Name would be 4d52f8f42a405d3f.
- Go to the following Directory:
C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\184.108.40.206\server\festival\config\festival.xml
- Open the festival.xml file in a text editor
- The default port for the broker will remain 61616. If you change the broker port, update "f:broker" with the proper port number
- Modify the "f:repository-mapping" section and add the database Universal Resource Name.
Below is an example
<f:repository-mapping enabled="true" endpoint="RMSERVICES" name="DOORS ERS Repository" repositoryUrn="urn:telelogic:ers-4d52f8f42a405d3f:"/>
- Modify the "f:properties" and add the license server and port. The default license port is 19353. Example:
<f:property name="licence.server.location" value=" 19353@localhost"/>
- Note: You can verify the License port number by launching LMTOOLS, select Configure Services Tab, and select "View Log". The port will be listed after "lmgrd tcp-port". 19353 is the default port number.
- Log into the database server
- Open a command prompt
- Change Directory to C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS\9.3\bin
- Run dbadmin, in a command line in the following format:
dbadmin -data port@myserver -P server_password -dcnEnable -dcnBrokerUri “tcp://myBroker:61616” -dcnChannelName “dcn”
dbadmin -data 36677@localhost -dcnEnable -dcnBrokerUri "tcp://localhost:61616" -dcnChannelName "dcn"
- Restart the Rational DOORS database server for the new settings to take effect.
|data 36677@myserver||Identifies the Rational DOORS database server, where 36677 is the default port number the database server is using and myserver is the name of the machine where the database server is installed.|
|tcp://myBroker:61616||Locates the interface services broker, where myBroker is the machine hosting the broker and 61616 is the default port that the broker uses.|
- Note: DO NOT copy and paste the text into the command prompt and modify the command. You must type in the command. This line will not be accepted if there are special characters copied into the command prompt including smart quotes and hyphens.
- Start the broker by running broker.start.bat. This file is in the directory where you installed the broker. (For Example C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\220.127.116.11)
- Start the Rational® DOORS® database server as a service on the machine hosting the database.C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS\9.3\bin to start interrop Server
- Open a command prompt
- CD to C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS\9.3\bin to start interrop Server
- Run the command-line attributes in the following format:
doors.exe –interop –data port@myserver –brokerHost myBroker –brokerPort brokerport
- port is the port number the Rational DOORS database server is using and
- myserver is the name of the machine where the Rational DOORS database server is installed
- myBroker is the name of the machine hosting the broker
- brokerport is the port that the broker is using, by default 61616
doors.exe -interop -data 36677@localhost -brokerHost localhost -brokerPort 61616
Start the Rational DOORS Web Access server by running server.start.bat. The file is in the directory where you installed the server (for example C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS Web Access\18.104.22.168). When you start the system for the first time, you may need to wait while the system unpacks files.
- Note: If the DOORS client launches, there are special characters in the command to start the interoperation server. After doing the above, the DOS window for the broker, database server, and web server will remain open. Do not close them. Also doorsd.exe, two java.exe will be found in your Task Manager under Processes
- In your browser, enter the URL that points to the Rational DOORS Web Access Server.
For example, http://servername:8080/dwa. The Web client opens and the Welcome screen is displayed.
- Enter your User name and Password, and then click Login. You are connected to the Rational DOORS database.
- When you are finished, click Logout. The Welcome screen is displayed.
Starting/Shutting IBM Rational DOORS Web Access on Microsoft Windows
Was this topic helpful?
01 May 2020