Is there a command I can run as a customer to help me understand when a certain process is running out of memory?
QRadar 7.2 or higher
Diagnosing The Problem
Resolving The Problem
You can use the "memory" parameter for certain process to see Heap Usage. This shows the Maximum Heap Size, Java Heap Used as well as the percentage of memory used by the process.
- Using SSH, log in to QRadar as the root user.
- From the command-line, type: /opt/qradar/init/ecs-ec memory
- The memory usage for ecs-ec is output to the screen.
- Optional. To view just the Percentage used value, you can type: /opt/qradar/init/ecs-ec memory | grep Percentage
- Optional. You can also use the watch command to monitor the Percentage Used value to see whether the process is near running out of memory. For example, watch -n 10 "/opt/qradar/init/ecs-ec memory"
16 June 2018