User launches the Controller client. Inside Controller, user clicks "Help - Contents". User receives error.
Navigation to the webpage was canceled
What you can try:
Refresh the page.
This program cannot display the webpage
Most likely causes:
* You are not connected to the Internet
* The website is encountering problems.
* There might be a typing error in the address.
Incorrect IIS (web server) configuration on the Controller application server.
For example, in one real-life customer example, the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\ibm\cognos\c10\webcontent" incorrectly contained an IIS configuration file ("web.config") whose contents were to create a redirect (to /ibmcognos/controllerbin/ccr.exe).
- In turn, the cause for this was that the redirect was intended to be created for the virtual directory 'controller', but accidentally created on the wrong virtual directory ("controllerhelp").
Resolving The Problem
- If it does, then rename this file to "web.config.bad" and re-try.
1. The relevant location (e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\ibm\cognos\c10\webcontent") does *not* contain a file "Web.Config"
1. As a precaution, create a backup (e.g. virtual snapshot) of the Controller application server
2. Logon to the Controller application server as a Windows administrator
3. Browse to the relevant folder
- TIP: By default, this is C:\Program Files (x86)\ibm\cognos\c10\webcontent
4. If there is a file called "web.config" (inside this folder), then delete it (or rename it to "web.config.bad")
5. Launch IIS Manager
6. Locate the virtual directory 'controllerhelp'
7. Right-click on it, and choose 'Manage Virtual Directory - Advanced Settings'
8. Check that it looks correct:
9. Make changes/correct as necessary
15 June 2018