The IBM Process Designer installation fails when you use the installProcessDesigner_admin.bat batch file on the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system.
During the verification step, the Installation Manager displays an error that indicates that the operating system is not at a supported level.
The installProcessDesigner_admin.bat batch file within the IBM Process Designer installation image file is set to run in compatibility mode. The pre-requisite check determines whether the compatibility mode is enabled for an earlier operating system version or fix pack, such as Windows XP, even though you are trying to install it on a supported operating system, such as Windows 7. When the compatibility mode is set for an earlier operating system version, the verification step fails.
Resolving The Problem
To resolve this issue, complete the following steps
- Navigate to the Process Designer installation image file location. This directory is the location where you decompressed the downloaded IBM Process Designer image file.
- Find the installProcessDesigner_admin.bat file, right-click it, and select Properties. For example, the file might be in the following directory: C:\IBM ProcessDesigner_unzipped\installProcessDesigner_admin.bat
- On the Compatibility tab, clear the Run this program in compatibility mode option. See the following screen shot:
- Click Apply and then click OK..
- Run the installation process again.
Was this topic helpful?
15 June 2018