Question & Answer
Can I be alerted if a PM work order is due ahead of time?
In the Preventive Maintenance application, there is an 'Alert Lead Days' field which can be used to Alert you when a work order is due ahead of time
1. Go to the Preventive Maintenance application and create a new record in site BEDFORD.
2. Add asset 11210 to the PM tab.
3. Go to the Frequency tab and add the following info:
Frequency = 1
Frequency Units = MONTHS
Alert Lead (Days) = 4 <--- this will alert you 4 days before the PM is due to Generate a Work order
Estimated Next Due Date = tomorrow's date
4. Save record and activate the PM.
5. Go to the Organizations application, query for EAGLENA, and
from the "Select Action" menu choose "PM Options".
6. Query for site BEDFORD and add APPR to the "Generate PM
Alerts for Assets When Corrective Maintenance Work Order Status
is" option. Click OK and save the record.
7. Go to the Work Order Tracking application and create a new
8. Add the following information to the Work Order main tab:
Asset = 11210
Work Type = CM
9. Save the record and change status to APPR
You will receive an alert message warning the user that a PM exists for this asset.
Note: PM Alerts work only during status change.
Was this topic helpful?
17 June 2018