Question & Answer
How do I manually remove the IBM® Rational® ClearCase and Visual Studio .NET (VS .NET) integration from a client system that currently has it integrated for ClearCase?
There may be a need to remove the integration due to a corrupted install or because there is no longer a need to integrate the two applications.
ClearCase version 7.1.x
- Start the IBM Installation Manager and select the Modify option.
- Continue through the Installation Manager screens (selecting the appropriate options) until you see the Modify Packages screen. Uncheck the Microsoft Visual Studio Integration option under the Client Components section. Then step through the remaining screens to complete the modification.
ClearCase versions 7.0.x and earlier
The procedure to remove the integration between ClearCase and VS .NET is as follows:
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > IBM Rational ClearCase > Change > Modify > IBM Rational ClearCase Client for VS .NET > Visual Studio .NET v200x > select "This Feature will not be available".
Follow the uninstall process until you are prompted with Finish.
- Locate the following directory on your installation drive and delete the entire CCVSI directory from this default location:
Note: The drive letter will vary if you install your programs on a different drive other than C: .
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Rational\ClearCase\CCVSI
- Restart the system.
- Open the VS .NET IDE and the ClearCase menu option at the top of the IDE should not be present.
16 June 2018