Preventive Service Planning
Effective starting version 7.1 for the IBM Rational Team Products (Rational ClearCase, Rational ClearQuest, Rational RequisitePro), IBM Rational will no longer support certain operating system versions and other integration solutions.
Support for these items will be discontinued for any Rational software to which the technology is applicable (unless otherwise stated).
Operating Systems Support Discontinuance:
- HP-UX v11.i v1 (11.11)
- IBM AIX 5.2 Power 4 and 5
- IBM AIX 5.1 Power 4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 - All Editions
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 8
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP (SP1 only)
- Sun Solaris version 8 (discontinued for ClearQuest and ClearCase Remote Client [CCRC] only). ClearCase will continue to support Solaris 8.
- Citrix version 3
- Eclipse 3.0.x and 3.1.x (Eclipse Plug-in)
- Java™ 4 (JREs, JDKs, SDKs)
Database Support Discontinuance:
- Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 - All Editions
- Microsoft Access 2002 (XP) - All Editions
- IBM DB2 V8.1.x - All Editions
Browser Support Discontinuance:
- Safari Browser (All versions)
- Mozilla Browser (All versions)
- Firefox 1.x
Interop Solutions Support Discontinuance:
- Samba 2.x.x
- Shaffer Solutions DiskAccess 5.0
- Hummingbird NFS Maestro 7, 8, 9
- TotalNET Advanced Server 6.x & 7.0
Integrations Support Discontinuance:
- Microsoft Office 2002 (Office XP)
- Crystal Reports 10 - All Editions
- Crystal Reports Server 10 - All Editions
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2002
- Microsoft Visual Studio V6 (discontinued for ClearQuest only - ClearCase will continue to support in 7.1)
- Microsoft Visual Studio V6 (discontinued for ClearQuest only)
- Microsoft Visual Studio.NET V7.x - All Editions
- Visual Source Safe 6
Feature Support Discontinuance:
- Feature Support Discontinuance for CCWeb in ClearCase version 7.1
Note: "Discontinued from support" means that no new operating system releases, product improvements, or requests for enhancements (RFEs) will be supported for these platforms in this version. In addition, no new software patches will be available for these platforms in this version. However, IBM Rational will make reasonable efforts to offer continued Customer Support services for usage calls and existing software patches.
IBM Software Support Lifecycle:
It is IBM Rational’s intention to support each product release for five years beginning at the date the product is available for purchase (general availability date) and to provide maintenance support during that period.
All statements regarding IBM Rational’s software support lifecycle are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
For additional information, visit the IBM Software Support Lifecycle page at http://www-306.ibm.com/software/info/supportlifecycle/.
Product plans or features referenced in this document may change at any time at IBM’s sole discretion based on market opportunities or other factors, and are not intended to be a commitment to future product or feature availability in any way. All statements regarding IBM future direction or intent are subject to change or withdrawal without notice and represent goals and objectives only. All information is provided on an “as is” basis, without any warranty of any kind.
16 June 2018