Preventive Service Planning
Configuration Information for Sun StorageTek T9840C Tape Drive
1. When defining a device class for StorageTek T9840C drives, use
- FORMAT=<DRIVE | T9840C | T9840C-C>
DEFine DEVclass devclassname DEVType=ECARTridge FORMAT=T9840C .....
DEFine DEVclass devclassname DEVType=ECARTridge FORMAT=T9840C-C .....
T9840C - Specifies that TSM writes data that uses the T9840C recording format. This format results in a cartridge capacity of 40GB when using StorageTek 9840 media.
T9840C-C - Specifies that TSM writes data that uses the T9840C recording format with compression. This format results in a cartridge capacity about 80GB when using StorageTek 9840 media.
2. 40GB native capacity and approximately 80GB with 2:1 compression
3. Device identification and firmware level used during validation process
- Drive ID : STK T9840C
- Firmware : ECART 133
4. Supported media
- StorageTek 9840 media
5. StorageTek T9840C drive reports drive serial number.
See "Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows" or "Supported Devices for Linux" for minimum supported version levels and platforms for these devices.
More information regarding device configuration is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide, which can be found in the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager information center.
17 June 2018