Users who export reference sets as CSV file, then attempt to open it in Microsoft Excel might see the error: 'Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect' is displayed, which can be caused by a colon character (:) in the name of the reference set. Error 0x80070057 is not QRadar specific, but a Microsoft Excel error message due to how special characters are handled. Reopening the file after skipping the error message in Windows typically resolves this problem.
Resolving The Problem
- Log in to the QRadar UI
- Click the Admin page.
- Click Reference Set Management.
- Highlight a Reference set with a colon (:) in its name.
- Click View Contents.
- Click Export.
- Navigate to where the zip file downloaded in Windows explorer
- Right-click the zip file.
- Click Extract All > Extract
- The error message Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect is displayed.
- Select Skip to bypass the error message.
- Double-click on the CSV file to open the reference data export.
Was this topic helpful?
14 August 2020