18 January 2013
|File link||File size||File description|
|8,623||CHANGE HISTORY for the v17.4 sw CD release for 49Y7980 option for EP systems|
|8,623||README for the v17.4 sw CD release for 49Y7980 option for EP systems|
|190,072,832||v17.4 sw CD release for 49Y7980 option for EP systems|
Download the latest v17.4 software CD release for 49Y7980 option for EP systems
v17.4 Drivers Software Release for IBM System x
Intel-based 10 Gigabit Ethernet
This is the v17.4 drivers software CD release for all IBM System x Intel-based 10 Gigabit Ethernet adapter options.
The adapters supported include the following IBM System x options:
Adapter Product Name
|Intel 2-port 10GbE Expansion Card CFFh for IBM BladeCenter||42C1810|
|Intel X520-DA2 Dual Port 10GbE SFP+ Adapter for IBM System x||49Y7960|
|Intel X540-T2 Dual Port 10GBase-T Adapter for IBM System x||49Y7970|
|Intel X520 Dual Port 10GbE SFP+ Embedded Adapter for IBM System x||49Y7980|
- Drivers Details
- Build and Installation Instructions
- Configuration Information
- Driver Parameters
- Additional Configuration Information
- Web Sites and Support Phone Number
This v17.4 software release is for all Intel-based 10 Gigabit Ethernet adapter options for IBM System x.
This sw release supports Intel-based x86 and x64 platforms.
All Microsoft Windows device drivers are MS digitally signed.
This released is based on Intel v17.4 TIC=00288471 software CD release.
This release includes support for:
- Microsoft Windows 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 operating systems (all versions)
- Red Hat 5 and 6
- Novell SLES 10 and 11
All VMware support is directly from VMware, either via the IOVP support program or the in-distro support program for all IBM System x Intel-based Ethernet. VMware support includes VMware 4.1 and 5.
For Windows support, please the latest applicable Service Pack.
For other OSes, please pick up the latest service pack or fix pack.
For Linux driver software installation, read the readmefirst.txt file provided in the \Linux folder prior to any installation.
Intel(R) I/OAT support is limited to operating systems that are
IOAT capable and server systems that are also IOAT capable.
3. Drivers Details
Please read the version.txt file for detailed information for all device drivers and associated software that come with this software package.
The key updates with this v17.4 software release include:
- Software release for new 49Y7980 option (FRU 49Y7982).
- Windows 2012 support for all adapters listed for this
4. Build and Installation Instructions
Refer to the online guide & help files that come with the CD and CD Autorun program.
Important notes or tips:
- From the CD Autorun GUI, for Windows, click on Install Drivers for automatic device driver and management sw install or update - and click on View User Guides for all online guide and installation instruction details and product information.
- It is strongly recommended that, for Windows installation, you use the Autorun.exe from this sw CD and run " Install Drivers and Software " for complete installation of Windows device drivers and associated PROSETDX software.
- For Linux driver software installation, please read the readmefirst.txt file provide in the \PROXGB\Linux folder prior to any installation.
- All device drivers for 10 Gigabit Ethernet are in the \PROXGB folder.
- For enabling/disabling WoL or Remote Boot features on each applicable ethernet port, please read bootutil.txt for command line instructions (from \APPS\BootUtil\DOCS). In general, WoL enabling/disabling is -WOLE / - WOLD and option ROM boot enabling/disabling is -FE / - FD. For example, to disable WoL on all ports, run: bootutil -all -wold Or, to disable WoL on a specific port, run: bootutil -nic=xx -wold ( where xx = 1-40 ). For EFI, go to \APPS\BootUtil\EFIx64\ and use bootutil64e.efi tool.
- For other applicable end user tools, go to \APPS\TOOLS folder.
- For Windows PE support for 10 Gigabit Ethernet, there is a \WinPE folder in each of the \NDISxx folders.
- The 42C1810 (FRU 42C1812) 10GbE CFFh daughter card is fully 802.3ap Clause 73 AN compliant for 1G/10G Auto Negotiation. This requires the connected switch to also be Clause 73 AN complaint for full Clause 73 1G/10G Auto Negotiation support. If the switch is not Clause 73 AN compliant, please force the connected switch port to fixed 10Gb for parallel detect.
- The IBM Nortel-based 6-port 10Gb Ethernet Switch Module (Option 39Y9267, FRU 39Y9265) is not Clause 73 compliant. It is Clause 37 compliant only. For Wake on LAN support between the 42C1812 card and the 39Y9265 switch, you must disable Auto Negotiation on the switch port connected to the 10Gb card, and configure the link speed on that port to fixed 10Gb, Full Duplex.
- The 49Y7960 adapter option (FRU 49Y7962) comes with (2) empty
SFP+ housing cages. This adapter can support either SFP+ SR 10Gb
optical connection or SFP+ Twin-Ax Direct Attached Copper (DAC)
10Gb connection. SFP+ SR optics can be either from offerings from
IBM System x OR from offerings from Intel for Intel X520-DA2
adapter. SFP+ DAC module and cable support comes from the switch
side. So, for any supported top of rack switch, the adapter is
supported for the SFP+ DAC cables that are offered by the
technology supplier of the switch. These include top of rack 10Gb
offered by IBM or by third-party switches that have been validated and supported for IBM System x servers.
- The 49Y7980 adapter option (FRU 49Y7982) has the ports ordering
from left to right (Port 0 - Port 1) with Port 0 as the shared NIC
* For other details regarding this v17.4 sw release, you can review the Intel's release.txt file.
5. Configuration Information
See 4 above.
6. Driver Parameters
Refer to 5 above.
7. Additional Configuration Information
Refer to 5 above.
8. IBM Support Web pages
IBM Support Web Sites:
Use Search Technical Support and enter a product number for Search.
Was this topic helpful?
18 January 2013