Preventive Service Planning
Configuration Information for Plasmon Entry/Midrange Level G-Series
Plasmon Entry Level G-Series (Gx24 and Gx32)
Plasmon Midrange Level G-Series (Gx72, Gx80, Gx134, and Gx174)
Storage Slot Addresses
Entry/Exit Slot Address
1. Maximum numbers of drives and storage slots supported
- 6 drives 174 slots
2. When a barcode reader is installed, barcodes are supported.
3. Device identifications and firmware levels
- Library ID : PLASMON Midrange-G --- Firmware : G00a, G04
Drive ID : PLASMON UDO1 --- Firmware : A028, U03
Drive ID : SONY SMO-F561 --- Firmware : 1.08
Plasmon Gx134 & Gx174 (TSM 5.3.2)
Library : Plasmon Midrange-G --- Firmware : H03
Drive : Plasmon UDO1 --- Firmware : U02
4. ELEMent=AUTODetect in the DEFINE/UPDATE DRIVE command is not supported.
5. Plasmon Gx Series libraries are available with Plasmon UDO1 and Plasmon SMO-F561 drives.
6. IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Server does not support mixed generations of optical drives such as UDO and MO within the same library partition.
7. The LABEL LIBVOLUME command with the SEARCH=BULK LABELSOURCE=BARCODE option is not supported. This is because the library cannot obtain barcode information when an optical cartridge is placed in the entry/exit port.
Library and drive may require different minimum Tivoli Storage Manager levels. Therefore, ensure that both library and drive hardware are supported. See "Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows" or "Supported Devices for Linux" for minimum supported version levels and platforms for these devices.
More information regarding device configuration is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide, which can be found in the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager information center.
17 June 2018