Procedures for removing the battery from the xSeries 306 server.
Text from the audio portion of removing the battery movie
To remove the backup battery:
Remove the cover:
- Turn off the server and all attached peripheral devices.
- Disconnect all power cords and all external signal cables.
- Loosen the captive screw on the rear of the server, then slide the cover to the rear and lift it off.
Remove a PCI-X adapter:
- Loosen the captive screw on the rear of the server.
- Lift the riser card assembly straight up off the connector.
- Place the assembly on the staticprotected surface.
Remove the battery:
- Press the battery release tab to free the battery from the socket and lift out the battery.
For specific instructions for the removal and installation of hardware.
24 January 2019