Preventive Service Planning
Configuration Information for SDLT 320 Drives
Dell PowerVault 110T SDLT 320
HP StorageWorks SDLT 320
IBM 160/320 GB SDLT 320 (59P6736)
Quantum SDLT 320
Sun StorageTek SDLT 320 (No longer supported with Tivoli Storage Manager Server version 7.1 and later.)
Tandberg SDLT 320
1. When defining a device class for SDLT 320 drive, use
- format=<DRIVE | SDLT320 | SDLT320C>
DEFine DEVclass devclassname DEVType=DLT FORMAT=SDLT320 .....
DEFine DEVclass devclassname DEVType=DLT FORMAT=SDLT320C .....
SDLT320 - Specifies that the Tivoli Storage Manager server writes data that uses the SDLT320 recording format. This format results in a cartridge capacity of 160 GB using SDLT I media.
SDLT320C - Specifies that the Tivoli Storage Manager server writes data that uses the SDLT320 recording format with compression. This format results in a cartridge capacity of about 320GB using SDLT I media.
2. 160 GB native capacity and approximately 320 GB with 2:1 data compression
3. Device identifications and firmware levels
- Dell PowerVault 110T SDLT 320
Drive ID : DELL SDLT320 --- Firmware : 3131
- HP StorageWorks SDLT 320
Drive ID : HP SDLT320 --- Firmware : 2E2E
- IBM 160/320 GB SDLT 320 (59P6736)
Drive ID : QUANTUM SDLT320 --- Firmware : 4646
- Quantum SDLT 320 and Sun StorageTek SDLT 320
Drive ID : QUANTUM SDLT320 --- Firmware : 2D2D
- Tandberg SDLT 320
Drive ID : QUANTUM SDLT320 --- Firmware : V80
4. Supported media
- Super DLTtape 220-320GB data cartridge (SDLT I media)
5. All SDLT 320 drives report drive serial numbers.
Library and drive may require different minimum Tivoli Storage Manager levels. Therefore, ensure that both library and drive hardware are supported. See "Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows" or "Supported Devices for Linux" for minimum supported version levels and platforms for these devices.
More information regarding removable media is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide, which can be found in Tivoli Storage Manager Information Centers.
17 June 2018