MustGather documents aid in problem determination and save time resolving Problem Management Records (PMRs). These documents are located on the eSupport site and contain specific instructions about what documentation to gather for specific problems. You can find MustGather documents by searching on the word MustGather on the eSupport Web page: http://www.ibm.com/software/webservers/appserv/zos_os390/support/ Collecting MustGather data early, even before opening the PMR, helps IBM® Support quickly determine if: [
- ]Symptoms match known problems (rediscovery).[ ] [
- ]There is a non-defect problem that can be identified and resolved.[ ] [
- ]There is a defect that identifies a workaround to reduce severity.[ ] [
- ]Locating root cause can speed development of a code fix.[ ] [
Resolving The Problem
Exchanging diagnostic information with IBM Technical Support for problem determination
After a PMR is open, you can submit diagnostic MustGather data to IBM using one of the following methods:
- FTP files to ftp.emea.ibm.com if possible using instructions for Exchanging diagnostic information with IBM Technical Support for problem determination
- If FTP is not possible, use the email email@example.com. Please try to FTP files to ftp.emea.ibm.com for large files (greater than 1 megabyte) rather than using firstname.lastname@example.org email.
- IBM WebSphere® Application Server for z/OS® Service Level or Fix Pack Information
- Do you have a temp fix or jar file applied?
- Operating system Level OS/390 or z/OS level
- Java build level
- DB2® level
- JDBC™ level
- WebSphere MQ level
- What is your security product?
- Do you have RSVSF support?
Find MustGather documents for WebSphere Application Server for z/OS
Description of components or browse components
If you need assistance with these questions, refer to:
Instructions for getting product service levels before calling IBM support.
15 June 2018