Preventive Service Planning
Configuration Information for Sony BW-F101 Blue Laser Drive
1. When defining a device class for Sony Blue Laser drives, use
- DEFine DEVclass devclassname DEVType=OPTical FORMAT=23GB .....
DEFine DEVclass devclassname DEVType=WORM FORMAT=23GB .....
23GB - Specifies that TSM writes data that uses the 23GB recording format. This format results in a cartridge capacity of 23GB when using Sony Blue Laser RW and WORM media.
2. 23 GB capacity and 2KB sector size.
3. Device identification and firmware level
- Drive ID : SONY BW-F101
Firmware : 0.28
4. Supported media
- SONY Blue Laser RW
- SONY Blue Laser WORM
5. Blue Laser drive does not report serial number.
Library and drive may require different minimum Tivoli Storage Manager levels. Therefore, ensure that both library and drive hardware are supported. See "Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows" or "Supported Devices for Linux" for minimum supported version levels and platforms for these devices.
More information regarding device configuration is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide, which can be found in the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager information center.
17 June 2018