IBM offers Continuing Support for Db2 and Db2 Connect across select versions and editions when your Db2 software reaches End of Support (EOS). This offering provides you with continued access to the same knowledgeable global Support team you are working with today.
World-class software support
Under the Software Subscription and Support (S&S) terms of your IBM Passport Advantage agreement (International Passport Advantage Agreement or International Passport Advantage Express Agreement), you receive comprehensive cross-platform technical assistance from a team of highly skilled support experts. Additionally, you get flexible upgrade protection, access to the latest software versions and releases, remote technical support, 24 x 7 support for business-critical outages, online self-help resources, and unlimited electronic and voice access (where available) to world-class global IBM Software Support Centers.
Continuing Support option
Continuing Support extends support for your Db2 software beyond its EOS date. When your Db2 software versions reach their EOS dates and support is no longer available through standard Software S&S, you now have the option for Continuing Support. This means you no longer need to tackle support issues on your own.
Continuing Support program benefits
This exciting offering allows you to enjoy many of the S&S benefits that you have told us matter most to you, including:
- 24 x 7 support for mission critical emergencies (Severity 1)
- Provided by voice in most countries.
- Provided in English, with the local language accommodated when possible.
- Remote problem analysis and assistance during normal country business hours in your time zone.
- Support for routine, short duration installation and usage questions.
- Response time objective of two hours during prime shift for voice and electronic problem submissions.
- Response time objective of two hours for critical or emergency problems during off-shift hours.
- An unlimited number of technical support incidents.
- Access to documentation, tech notes and other online product material.
- Access to existing available fixes created before the product's EOS date to correct known defects.
The Continuing Support offering does not include:
- Voice and electronic access support for code-related problems.
- Development analysis of new defects.
- Development of or packaging fixes that are not already available.
- Support for bundled or included IBM programs (e.g. "Supporting programs" or "Other IBM Programs" identified in the License Information for the Db2 program) and third-party components.
- Infrastructure that is not included in the software version’s Hardware and Software Requirement page.
- Patching any database files for recovery purposes.
To receive Continuing Support, you only need to maintain active S&S for licenses deployed for the Db2 software. If you do not have active S&S, contact us (askCS@us.ibm.com) to discuss reinstatement options.
Complete coverage for mission critical installations
In addition to Continuing Support, IBM still provides the option for Service Extension (SE). For mission critical installations, it is highly recommended that you continue to proactively purchase a Service Extension to receive full defect and development support assistance. By adding this offering, you are maintaining the same full defect support coverage that you received before your product's EOS date, further protecting your installation.
- Why should I take advantage of Continuing Support?
Continuing Support provides flexibility for you to remain up and running on your software version with non-defect Support until you are able to upgrade to the latest version. Continuing Support provides uninterrupted access to many of the benefits of S&S and is more affordable than other options, such as a Service Extension.
- What is the cost of Continuing Support and how do I buy it?
Continuing Support is available when you maintain active S&S for Db2 licenses. To avoid possible delays in receiving Support, you are encouraged to email firstname.lastname@example.org or your Sales contact.
- I am on a Db2 software version that is out of support. How can I benefit from this offering?
Continuing Support is now available to clients running Db2 and Db2 Connect on version 9.7 and later. To learn more about Continuing Support for your installations, contact your local sales representative or email inquiries to email@example.com.
- Are special builds included with Continuing Support?
Continuing Support assistance provides you with access to preexisting and available fixes. Special builds are NOT created as part of this offering. If a special build is required, you need first to purchase and sign a contract for a Service Extension.
- Should I purchase a Service Extension (SE) instead of relying on Continuing Support assistance?
If your business requires the same comprehensive full-defect coverage it relied on before the EOS date, you may want to purchase an SE, if available. An SE is recommended for maximum coverage of your mission critical installations.
- What if I have already purchased a Service Extension (SE) for my software licenses?
You can take advantage of Continuing Support upon expiry of your Service Extension.
- How long will Continuing Support be available?
IBM might withdraw or discontinue Continuing Support for the Programs by providing at least twelve months' prior notice of such withdrawal or discontinuance.
- Does Continuing Support apply when Db2 is bundled in another product?
Continuing Support is not applicable when Db2 is part of a product bundle. Continuing Support is offered where there is active S&S for licenses deployed for Db2 software only.
- Does Continuing Support apply to products or components bundled in Db2?
Continuing Support does not include support for bundled IBM programs, such as Supporting Programs or other IBM Programs. or programs for third-party components.
- Which versions of Db2 do not have Continuing Support?
IBM announced Continuing Support for Db2 versions 8.2, 9.1 and 9.5 will be discontinued on September 30, 2022. Continuing Support will be provided on a commercially reasonable efforts basis for these versions until that date.
See End of Support dates for Db2 LUW here - https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/node/578841
To get more information about the Continuing Support offering, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
01 October 2021