Preventive Service Planning
Configuration Information for StorageTek L80, NEC iStorage T80 and Hitachi L8/80
NEC iStorage L80
Default Element Addresses
Addresses of Drives
Addresses of Storage Slots
Addresses of Transport
Addresses of Entry/Exit Slots
- Mixed media is supported on StorageTek L80. See Libraries with Mixed Media Capability for more information.
- Barcodes are supported. However, the library returns only 6 characters of barcodes to the TSM server. For LTO barcodes, the media type identifier Lx where x is the LTO generation will be omitted. As a result, the first 6 characters of the barcodes must be unique in a library partition regardless of the media type and media domain. For example, barcode 000020L1 and 000020 are not allowed in the same library partition.
- Product identifications and firmware levels used during validation
- Library : STK L80 --- Firmware : 0119
Drive : QUANTUM DLT8000 --- Firmware : 022B
- The libraries are no longer supported with Tivoli Storage Manager Server version 7.1 and later.
Library and drive may require different minimum Tivoli Storage Manager levels. Therefore, ensure that both library and drive hardware are supported. See "Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows" or "Supported Devices for Linux" for minimum supported version levels and platforms for these devices.
More information regarding removable media is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide, which can be found in Tivoli Storage Manager Information Centers.
17 June 2018