Question & Answer
Is the IBM Spectrum Protect storage area network (SAN) discovery function supported on Linux on Power Systems operating systems (little endian)?
- Obtain an API library from the HBA vendor.
- Install the API library on the host system according to the vendor's instructions.
- Enable the SAN discovery function by adding the SANDISCOVERY ON option to the dsmserv.opt file. Alternatively, enable the SAN discovery function by issuing the following command:
setopt sandiscovery on
- To verify that the API library was successfully installed and SAN discovery is enabled, issue the QUERY SAN command on the host system and verify the output. For more information about issuing the QUERY SAN command, see QUERY SAN (Query the devices on the SAN).
If you see tape devices listed in the output, the HBA API library was successfully installed and SAN discovery is enabled.
- If the query output does not include tape devices, contact the vendor to request a different API library. Then, complete Steps 1 - 4 again.
Was this topic helpful?
02 July 2019