ILE COBOL enhancements in the first half of the year 2023
- The COPY REPLACING statement and REPLACE statement have new LEADING and TRAILING phrases that enable only the leading or trailing occurrence of a character or string to be replaced.
- See https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/ssw_ibm_i_75/rzasb/copy.htm and https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/ssw_ibm_i_75/rzasb/repl.htm
PTFs for PGMINFO(MONOCASE) Release PTFs to provide support for LEADING and TRAILING 7.5 5770WDS SI83521 7.4 5770WDS SI83503
ILE COBOL enhancements in the last half of the year 2022 provided through PTFs
- Preserve case sensitivity of identifiers for COBOL web services by specifying the new NOMONOCASE value for the PGMINFO option on the PROCESS statement.
- See https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/ssw_ibm_i_75/rzasb/fpgminfo.htm
PTFs for PGMINFO(MONOCASE) Release PTFs to provide support for PGMINFO(MONOCASE) 7.5 5770WDS SI79810 7.4 5770WDS SI77581
- The new TGTCCSID compiler option was added to the compile commands CRTBNDCBL and CRTCBLMOD. The user can specify the CCSID that the Unicode source is converted to for compilation.
- See https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/ssw_ibm_i_75/rzase/parmod.htm#tgtccsid
PTfs for TGTCCSID support ReleasePTFs to provide the base support for the TGTCCSID parameterPTFs to provide the TGTCCSID parameter for CRTBNDCBL and CRTCBLMOD 7.55770WDS SI810475770WDS SI81866 5770WDS SI81049 7.45770WDS SI810065770WDS SI81863 5770WDS SI81023 7.35770WDS SI814725770WDS SI81846 5770WDS SI81473