Question & Answer
Support Case Escalation
- Clients are not able to use the escalate case button until support attempts first contact.
- These escalations are short-lived to get attention to your case. Once the immediate concern of the escalation is addressed, the escalation itself is closed. Further work continues in the case, but closing the escalations allows you to reraise the escalation, if further problems arise.
- For critical business outages or where situations require immediate attention, click the Request a Duty Manager tab for details on connecting to speak with the Duty Manager.
- For more information about this feature, see How to Escalate Support Cases.
After completed, click Submit. Your case is now escalated and a member of the technical support team is going to contact you by using your preferred method.
Request a Duty Manager
- Call IBM Support.
- When the Support Representative answers, request the ReaQta Duty Manager.
For example, I need to request the ReaQta Duty Manager for my case.
- The Support Representative transfers you to the Duty Manager phone line.
- The Duty Manager confirms your case number (TSxxxxxxxx).
Note: If all Duty Managers are on calls, you might be directed to voicemail. Leave a message with your case number and contact information to receive a callback. If you cannot access or view the case number for your Severity 1 issue, the Duty Manager can attempt to look up your case information by using your company name or IBM Customer Number (ICN).
About Duty Managers
Duty Managers are on-call Support Managers who are available 24 x 7 to escalate Severity 1 issues when a ReaQta client needs immediate assistance or assist with any concerns related to a case or workaround.
Common reasons to request a Duty Manager:
- The issue impacts your day-to-day business and requires urgent attention (escalations).
- Your case is not advancing or resolved.
- Issues or complaints about your case or a ReaQta Support Representative.
Case status is 'Awaiting your feedback'
Cases with a status of 'Awaiting your feedback' might not be able to proceed if new logs or additional information is required by IBM ReaQta Support. If you are unsure how to proceed, you can update your case to request a video conference (Webex) with a support representative to collect the required data. If the status is 'Waiting on IBM' or 'IBM is Working', clients can contact the Duty Manager to get an update on your existing Severity 1 case or provide information if the issue worsens.
If your case is 'Awaiting your feedback' and you need priority assistance:
- Update your case severity describe any issues collecting data requested by the support representative.
- Call the IBM Support help desk and request the ReaQta Duty Manager.
If IBM requests additional information, the status is assigned to 'Awaiting your feedback'. As Support works to investigate the issue, the status can change from 'Waiting on IBM' to 'Awaiting your feedback'. At any time during this process, a user has the right to request extra assistance for urgent, Severity 1 issues from ReaQta Support Management. We refer to this process as requesting a "Duty Manager". The ReaQta Duty Manager is a 24 x 7 on call Support Manager who can assist with a critical problem or escalation. Duty Managers are resources intended to help resolve urgent issues and can elevate your case within the ReaQta Support team or reassign workload as required within the support organization
Was this topic helpful?
23 August 2022