Preventive Service Planning
Configuration Information for Magfile 20/40, Quantum M1500, Quantum M1800, and Tandberg M1500
2U StackLink Configuration with DLT Slots
1. There are 21 DLT slots or 25 LTO slots per unit.
2. StackLink configurations are supported with currently up to 240 storage slots or 10 units if it's configured to have no more than 240 slots.
3. Barcodes are supported.
4. These libraries can be configured to provide import/export elements in the form of either single slot mailbox or 10-DLT-slot/12-LTO-slot mailbox. When set for single slot mailbox, the magazine is physically restricted to allow access only to slot address 192. When set for 10-slot or 12-slot mailbox, the entire magazine can be removed. The TSM device driver currently supports the mailbox up to 10 slots only.
5. Tivoli Storage Manager does not support mixed drives in a library. Only one drive type may be defined to a single library.
6. Device identifications and firmware levels
- ATL M1500, M1800, and Tandberg M1500
- Library ID : ATL 1500
- Library ID : MagFile --- Firmware : ETC_
- Drive ID : QUANTUM DLT4000 --- Firmware : D887
- Drive ID : QUANTUM DLT7000 --- Firmware : 2257
7. ELEMent=AUTODetect in the DEFINE/UPDATE DRIVE command is supported.
Library and drive may require different minimum TSM levels. Therefore, ensure that both library and drive hardware are supported. See "Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows" or "Supported Devices for Linux" for minimum supported version levels and platforms for these devices.
More information regarding device configuration is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide, which can be found in the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager information center.
17 June 2018