When entering CEDA INSTALL GROUP(group) that contains a new MRO connection and session pair, you receive message DFHAM4892 W Install for group has completed with errors. The CEDA screen displays S Install for xxx failed. Duplicate session- or modegroup-name for connection MROx. You are already using MRO in the CICS Transaction Server for z/OS (CICS TS) region.
DFHAM4892W Install for group has completed with errors.
The new definition contained a new connection name, but the same send and receive prefix as in an existing definition. CICS will not install a resource that is already installed as part of another connection.
If the changes had been made to the ORIGINAL definition, then CICS would have allowed the re-install, as the original connection is being replaced.
Resolving The Problem
To delete the original definition and then install the new definition while CICS is running:
- Enter CEMT SET IRC CLOSED to close IRC (or use the Regions operations view in the CICS Explorer)
- Enter CEMT SET CONNECTION(old-connection) OUT to put the original connection out of service (or use the ISC/MRO connections operations view in the CICS Explorer)
- Enter CEMT DISCARD CONNECTION(old-connection-name) to delete the original definition (or use the ISC/MRO connections operations view in the CICS Explorer)
- Enter CEDA INSTALL GROUP(new-groupname) to install the new connection and session pair
- Enter CEMT SET IRC OPEN to open IRC
CICS/TS CICS TS CICS Transaction Server
15 June 2018