With the addition of Boolean, Db2 for i supports the concept of true or false within the database and the applications that derive answers to business-critical questions.
The addition of Boolean to SQL within Db2 for i touches many aspects of the database and SQL support.
With this additional capability, some of the things Db2 for i clients can do will include:
- Establish queries that include true or false as part of the predication, or as part of the query result
- Establish column(s) within SQL tables with the data type of BOOLEAN
- Use SQL to transform and interpret an existing non-BOOLEAN column as BOOLEAN
- Shred and publish JSON or XML documents that include Boolean data
- Simplify code that has been tasked at managing true and false data via non-Boolean data types
See the SQL Reference for details:
Additional background on this new Boolean support:
Was this topic helpful?
03 May 2022