This document describes how to install and service the IBM System Networking SAN64B-6 switch.
- Up to 48 auto-sensing ports supporting high-performance 32-Gbps SFP+ ports technology in a singledomain.
- Up to four 128-Gbps (4 x 32-Gbps) QSFP ports to connect to the QSFP ports of another IBM SAN64B-6device.
- Dynamic Ports on Demand (Dynamic-POD) scaling from a base configuration of 24 ports to 64 ports(two 12-port SFP+ PODs and one 16-port QSFP POD).
- 4-, 8-, 16-, and 32-Gbps auto-sensing Fibre Channel switch and router ports.
- A 32-Gbps optical transceiver can auto-negotiate to 32 Gbps, 16 Gbps, or 8 Gbps.
- A 16-Gbps optical transceiver can auto-negotiate to 16 Gbps, 8 Gbps, or 4 Gbps.
- A 10Gb/s optical transceiver can autonegotiate to 10Gb/s.
- 10-Gbps manually set capability on FC ports (requires the optional 10-Gigabit FCIP/Fibre Channellicense).
- 10-Gbps performance is enabled by 10-Gbps SFP+ transceivers.
- Ports can be configured for 10-Gbps for metro connectivity.
Original Publication Date
14 October 2016
Was this topic helpful?
16 November 2020