The purpose of this document is to provide additional information to make more clear how to use the ParquetMigrate script in a full SSL Cognos environment (https gateway and https dispatcher) as the documentation currently does not cover using this script with HTTPS.
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: com.ibm.jsse2.util.h: PKIX path building failed: com.ibm.security.cert.IBMCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target.
Use dispatcher cert and import it into the java_path environment:
1. Extract the dispatcher cert using ThirdPartyCertificateTool:
- Navigate to the "cognos_location/bin" folder
- Run the following command:
./ThirdPartyCertificateTool.sh -E -T -r cacert.cer -p NoPassWordSet
2. Import the cert into the keystore of the Java being used when they run ParquetMigrate.sh.
- Navigate to the "java_location\bin" folder. If using the default Java™ that comes with Cognos, this is "cognos_location /ibm-jre/jre/bin"
- Execute the following command:
./keytool -importcert -file cognos_location/bin/cacert.cer -keystore java_path/jre/lib/security/cacerts
Where cognos_location is your Cognos installation location, and java_path is the path to the Java™ you are using.
- When prompted for the keystore password, enter: change_it
After importing the cert into the Java™ keystore run ParquetMigrate script:
Was this topic helpful?
27 October 2021