A list of the installation instructions for the release of QRadar Network Packet Capture 7.3.3 Fix Pack 7 (Build 17) ISO. These instructions are intended for administrators who want to update appliances from QRadar Network Packet Capture 7.3.2 Build 5015 or later to QRadar Network Packet Capture 7.3.3 Fix Pack 7 (Build 17).
About this installation
These instructions are intended to assist administrators who want to update their appliances from QRadar Network Packet Capture 7.3.2 Build 5015 or later to QRadar Network Packet Capture 7.3.3 Fix Pack 7 (Build 17). These instructions cover upgrade procedures.
Users can change passwords
All QRadar Network Packet Capture users can now change their passwords without the help of an administrator.
For more information, see the Network Packet Capture User Guide.
Before you install
- This procedure uses IBM's integrated management module (IMM). This interface must be available/configured to mount the ISO file to complete the update.
- This installation must be completed during a scheduled maintenance window. While the system is updating, Network Packet Captures are not recorded as services are not started.
- Ensure that you are logged in to the QRadar Network Packet Capture appliance as an administrator.
- Your system meets the minimum hardware requirements.
- A keyboard and monitor are connected by using the VGA connection.
Completing the Install
Download the 7.3.3-QRadar-NETPCAP-Upgrade-17 from IBM Fix Central: http://www.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/swg/quickorder?parent=IBM%20Security&product=ibm/Other+software/IBM+QRadar+Network+Packet+Capture+Appliance&release=All&platform=All&function=fixId&fixids=7.3.3-QRadar-NETPCAP-Upgrade-17&includeSupersedes=0&source=fc
- Log in to the QRadar Network Packet Capture IMM interface using your web browser.
- Click Remote Control.
- To start the Remote Control session, click Active X for Internet Explorer or Java for all other Browsers.
- Click Start Remote Control in Single User Mode.
NOTE: You should always use single user mode for remote connections for updates.
- Verify that the Allow others to request my remote session disconnect check box is unchecked. It is not recommended to allow other users to request the active session for firmware updates.
- From the menu, select Virtual Media > Activate.
- From the menu, select Virtual Media > Select Devices to Mount.
- From the Devices window click Add Image.
- Select the image and click Open.
- Select the option with your ISO, such as CD/DVD - and verify that the Mapped check box is selected.
- Click Mount Selected.
- Reboot the appliance.
- When the splash menu is displayed, press <F12> Select Boot device.
- In the Boot Devices Manager window, select the option from the boot menu.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- After the QRadar Network Packet Capture appliance is updated, restart the appliance when prompted.
After you have completed the installation, log in to IMM and select Virtual Media > Unmount All.
IBM QRadar Network Packet Capture is vulnerable to using components with known vulnerabilities
Where do I find more information?
09 July 2021