A list of the installation instructions, new features, and resolved issues for the release of IBM Security QRadar 7.4.3. These release notes apply to QRadar, QRadar Vulnerability Manager, QRadar Risk Manager, and QRadar Network Insights. These instructions are intended for administrators who want to install QRadar 7.4.3 by using an ISO file.
Known issues in QRadar 7.4.3
Authorized Service tokens cannot be used after configuration restore
AQL searches are corrupted after a Content Management Tool import
For a list of APAR links of resolved issues in QRadar 7.4.3, see Authorized Program Analysis Reports.
Some APAR links might take 24 hours to display properly after a software release is posted to IBM Fix Central.
For information on what's new in QRadar 7.4.3, see the following information: https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/SS42VS_7.4/com.ibm.qradar.doc/c_qradar_ov_whats_new_743.html
About this installation
These instructions are intended to assist you when you install QRadar 7.4.3 by using an ISO file. This ISO can install QRadar, QRadar Risk Manager, QRadar Vulnerability Manager, and QRadar Network Insights products to version 7.4.3.
See QRadar: Software update check list for administrators for a list of steps to review before you update your QRadar deployment.
Part 1. Installing the QRadar 7.4.3 ISO
These instructions guide you through the process of installing QRadar 7.4.3.
Important: You can use the verify signature tool to validate the integrity of your downloads from IBM Fix Central. For more information, see How to verify downloads from IBM Fix Central are trusted and code signed.
- Download the QRadar 7.4.3 ISO (5 GB) from the IBM Fix Central website: http://www.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/quickorder?product=ibm%2FOther+software%2FIBM+Security+QRadar+Vulnerability+Manager&fixids=7.4.3-QRADAR-QRFULL-20210517144015
IMPORTANT: QRadar Incident Forensics uses a unique ISO file to install 7.4.3. See the Fix Central page for that product to download the correct file.
- Use SSH to log in to the Console as the root user.
- To run the ISO installer on the Console, type the following command: /media/cdrom/setup
Important: Installing QRadar 7.4.3 should take approximately 2 hours on a Console appliance.
- Wait for the Console primary update to complete.
Note: In QRadar 7.3.1 Patch 6, a kernel update was introduced to address issues with appliances failing to log in or list unit files. These issues could prevent the appliance from rebooting. This new kernel does not take effect until the appliance is rebooted. You might need to reboot your system manually for the kernel update to take effect.
To work around this issue, you must perform a restart of the appliance. To do this, type the reboot command, or use Integrated Management Module (IMM).Results
A summary of the ISO installation advises you of any issues. If there are no issues, you can now SSH to managed hosts and start the installer on each host to run the setup in parallel.
Part 2. Installation wrap-up
- After all hosts are updated, advise your team that they must clear their browser cache before logging in to QRadar SIEM.
- To unmount the /media/cdrom directory on all hosts, type:
/opt/qradar/support/all_servers.sh -C -k “umount /media/cdrom"
- Delete the ISO from all appliances.
- If you use WinCollect agents version 7.2.6 or latest, you must reinstall the SFS file on the QRadar Console. This is due to issues where the ISO replaces the SFS on the Console with WinCollect 7.2.5 as described here: APAR IV96364. To install the latest WinCollect SFS on the Console, see the WinCollect release notes at WinCollect 101.
- Review any static routes or customized routing. As mentioned in the administrator notes, all routes were removed and will need to be reconfigured after the upgrade completes.
- Review any iptable rules that are configured to see if the interface names that have changed in QRadar 7.4.3 due to the Red Hat Enterprise 7 operating system updates affect them. Update any iptables rules that use Red Hat 6 interface naming conventions.
23 September 2021