If the QRadar® 7.4.2 upgrade detects Event Collectors (in HA or standalone) in your deployment, the upgrade fails. You must run on the Console a migration script for QRadar 7.3.2 Fix Pack 3 or later before you upgrade to QRadar 7.4.2.
This article documents the steps required to:
A. Download the script from IBM Fix Central.
B. Extract and copy the script on the Console and Event Collectors.
C. Run the script to get the file system migrated.
- Download the newest version of the migration script.
- Navigate to IBM Fix Central.
- In the script section, type gluster.
- Create a working directory to save the file.
mkdir -p /store/IBM_Support
- Download the file and copy it to the previously created directory in the Console.
- Navigate to the directory and unzip the file.
- Use SCP to move glusterfs_migration_manager-<version>.zip to /storetmp on your Console as root user:
scp glusterfs_migration_manager-<version>.zip <Console_IPaddress:/storetmp
- Extract glusterfs_migtration_manager-<version>.zip :
- Move glusterfs_migration_manager-<version>.bin to /opt/qradar/ha/bin/ :
mv /storetmp/glusterfs_migration_manager-<version>.bin /opt/qradar/ha/bin/
- Set permissions on the script and verify:
chmod 755 glusterfs_migration_manager-<version>.bin
ls -ltrh glusterfs_migration_manager-<version>.bin -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 9.8M Feb 9 12:14 glusterfs_migration_manager-<version>.bin
- Copy the same file to the /opt/qradar/ha/bin/ directory on all Event Collectors:
scp glusterfs_migration_manager-<script_version>.bin <Event Collector IP>:/opt/qradar/ha/bin/
- On the Console, run the script to initiate migration of GlusterFS to Distributed Replication Block Device:
- The script will print a few warnings, take note of those, and type yes if you want to continue:
[WARNING] During migration to DRBD, event collection does not occur.
[WARNING] QRadar uses /store during the migration to DRBD. All other processes that use /store are terminated during migration.
[WARNING] The migration to DRBD restricts software updates to 7.4.2 or higher.
Do you want to continue [yes/no]? yes
Was this topic helpful?
05 April 2021