The purpose of this article is to help the administrator to configure OKTA as Identity Provider by using SAML 2.0 local authentication in QRadar®.
- SAML 2.0 authentication enabled in QRadar®
Note: SAML authentication is not available in versions prior QRadar® 7.3.2
- An OKTA service subscription
- Single Sign On URL
https://<console_hostname_or_ip>/console/SAMLSSOAssertionConsumerService Examples: https://qradarcon01.test.local/console/SAMLSSOAssertionConsumerService https://10.11.12.254/console/SAMLSSOAssertionConsumerService
- Audience Restriction
https://<console_hostname_or_ip>/console Examples: https://qradarcon01.test.local/console https://10.11.12.254/console
- Export the OKTA metadata file. This file is required in QRadar®.
- Create the users in QRadar®. This requirement is mandatory.
- Enable SAML 2.0 authentication.
- Metadata File: The metadata file generated previously and provided by OKTA.
- Entity ID: Use the Entity ID information from the OKTA metadata file.
Note: The value on the screen capture is an example. Use the one OKTA provides for your configuration.
- How to authorize: Select Local
Was this topic helpful?
10 December 2020