We have identified that the IBM Kenexa LCMS Premier is affected by one or more security vulnerabilities. These have been addressed in LCMS Premier 14.0 version.
Third Party Entry: 180875
DESCRIPTION: jQuery cross-site scripting
CVSS Base score: 6.1
CVSS Temporal Score: See: https://exchange.xforce.ibmcloud.com/vulnerabilities/180875 for the current score.
CVSS Vector: (CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N)
Affected Products and Versions
|IBM Kenexa LCMS Premier on premise||14.0 and below|
IBM recommends updating to the latest release for customers who are using an affected version. The new version is available at IBM Passport Advantage web site.
Once on version 14.0, please proceed to download and apply the provided fix via Fix Central.
Steps to Download from Fix Central
- Log in to Fix Central (https://www-945.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/)
- Select "IBM Kenexa LCMS Premier” from the Product Selector dropdown
- Select "14.0" from the Installed version dropdown
- Select "Windows" from the Platform dropdown
- Click "Continue"
- Select "Browse for Fixes” and click "Continue"
Download the following 2 files:
- Download the 14.0.0 patch - p_14.0.0058_2020-08-28_06-52.zip or above
Steps to Follow in Version 14.0 ONLY:
- Remove all plugins:
- From ConfigWiz.exe, check "Advanced" checkbox, then click "Stop Services".
- Move all jar and all zip files from plugin folder to somewhere else.
- From ConfigWiz.exe, click "Add/Remove Plugins".
- Install the plugin or patch:
- Move or copy the new plugin file or patch into the plugin folder.
- From ConfigWiz.exe, click "Advanced" checkbox, then click "Add/Remove Plugins".
- Re-Start Services
Workarounds and Mitigations
Get Notified about Future Security Bulletins
10 Sep 2020: Initial Publication
*The CVSS Environment Score is customer environment specific and will ultimately impact the Overall CVSS Score. Customers can evaluate the impact of this vulnerability in their environments by accessing the links in the Reference section of this Security Bulletin.
According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES ""AS IS"" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
11 September 2020