IBM® Watson™ Care Manager September 2020 Release Notes
So that you can more easily identify the changes that apply to your instance of Watson Care Manager, updates are tagged as follows:
- Watson Care Manager - these updates are for all Watson Care Manager customers.
- Reporting - these items apply to all Watson Care Manager customers that use Watson Care Manager Reporting.
- Service Providers - these items apply to Watson Care Manager customers with the Providers feature enabled.
- Organization Units - these updates are for all Watson Care Manager customers with Organization Units enabled.
- Community Service Referral - these items apply to customers who have licensed the Watson Care Manager Community Service Referral add-on.
- Community Service Payment - these items apply to customers who have licensed the Watson Care Manager Community Service Payment add-on.
- Connect Providers - these items apply to customers who have licensed the Watson Care Manager Connect Providers add-on.
- Connect Individuals - these items apply to customers who have licensed the Watson Care Manager Connect Individual add-on.
- Connect 360 - these items apply to customers who are integrated with the IBM Health and Human Services Connect 360 application.
Existing customers can now request that Watson Care Manager and the Reporting application integrate with their third-party identity provider. This means that your organization's identity provider will authenticate user access to both applications instead of authentication through IBM's default identity provider, IBM App ID.
In addition, customers can now automatically onboard users from their identity provider to Watson Care Manager through a new API. The required IBM Copyright notice, which is not visible on the sign in page when users sign in with your identity provider, is displayed to signed in users every 30 days. To request this integration, please submit a case on the Watson Health Support Portal.
Sending messages to clients
Prefilled answers for assessments and questionnaires
Viewing preferred client identifications
Previously not all cards on the client's summary page automatically refreshed when the data that populates them was created, edited, or deleted. When you update the related data from any location in the Care Manager application, its corresponding summary card now automatically refreshes based on your changes.
Watson Care Manager
Watson Care Manager
Adobe® will end support of Flash Player on December 31 2020. This means that the Client Data Editor, which is built on Adobe Flash is now removed and you can configure client data by using new application pages. Your existing client data configurations are not impacted. However, to make changes to existing client data types or to configure new client data types, you must use the new pages.
Watson Care Manager
Watson Care Manager
So that you can configure the appropriate level of answer prefilling for your organization's assessments and questionnaires, you can now configure prefill for assessments, questionnaires, and for individual questions in an assessment or questionnaire.
Configuring preferred identifications
Watson Care Manager
You can now configure a specific identification type as the preferred identification for all clients. If no other identification is set as a client's preferred identification by a care team member, the configured preferred identification type is used when recorded for clients.
Configuring automatically generated tasks due today
Watson Care Manager
To help care team members to identify which tasks they need to work on today, the calculation that Watson Care Manager uses to determine the due date for configured tasks that are automatically added is now updated. If you set the Due Date (Days) field for a configured task to 0, the auto-generated task's due date is automatically set to the current business date.
So that you can create reporting content for your organization and manage user access to the content, you can now assign both the WCM Super User role and the WCM Security role to a single user account. Previously, if you wanted to assign multiple security roles to a user, that user needed to have a separate account for each role assignment with a different email address for each.
Important: the WCM Super User role and the WCM Security roles are the only combination of roles that you can assign to a single user account.
- Assessments API - The assessments API is now updated so that external systems can retrieve completed client assessments that are shared in Watson Care Manager. When the assessment is retrieved by an external system through the API, users of the external system can view the assessment records and have a complete view of the client’s context.
- Federated Users API - A new API is now available to allow integrators to automatically onboard federated users to Watson Care Manager from a third-party identity provider external to IBM. When the users are received through the API, their access to Watson Care Manager and the Reporting application is authenticated by your organization's identity provider.
- When you edit height, weight, or waist circumference client data records that were entered in imperial measurement units (pounds or inches), the value displayed on the edit page is incorrect. (262621)
- If you are a security administrator and you try to suspend another security administrator's account, a message displays saying 'You are the only user with security administrator access.' This issue occurs when no users have their default workspace set to Security Administrator. (263338, INC2636813)
- The note text for touchpoints with a status of draft, ready for review, or discarded is not displayed in reports. (263940)
Watson Care Manager
- When you save a quick note, an inaccurate message displays saying that the touchpoint is saved regardless of whether the note type is Touchpoint. (257285)
- When you filter Notes Highlights for the last month, highlights from over a month ago are displayed in addition to highlights for the last month. (245154)
- If you try to complete certain actions, for example, create a referral or assign a program, and you do not have access to the client, you cannot complete the action and no error message is displayed. If you are sure that you need access to the client, either request emergency access to the client or ask a care team member to add you to the client's care team. (259832)
- When selecting to show or hide a source or original source system in the Administration workspace, in some instances, an incorrect error message with invalid codes is displayed. Ignore this message and continue to show or hide the selected value. (261380)
- If you assign a program when you assign a referral in the Care Team workspace, and you are not on the client's care team, an error message saying 'You don't have access to the client' is displayed. To avoid this issue, assign the program after you assign the referral. (262377)
- When care teams download a client share care Plan PDF that includes more than 150 configured client data records, a timeout error message is displayed. To avoid this issue, configure the Share Care Plan template to print a maximum of 150 configured client data type records. Configure fewer client data versions to show or adjust the number of display records to accommodate no more than 150 configured client data type records. (262352)
- If a client data type is activated for the first time with an effective from date in the future, an error is displayed on the client's Data page. To avoid this, create your client data types on the date they are effective from, so the date isn't in the future. (262482)
- If you edit a date data attribute for a client data type, and select Current Date Comparison, then Custom Message, and enter an incorrect message ID, the custom message fields are no longer visible. To see the fields, select None, then re-select Current Date Comparison and Custom Message. (264393)
- When you configure a client data attribute to not use the default value, the value is still visible to care team members. As a workaround, care team members can delete the default value and enter another value. (263255)
- When you configure an information message for a client data type cluster, the message is displayed twice. To avoid this, you can add a description to the data cluster instead of an information message. The description displays to care team members below the cluster title. (263229)
- When adding or editing a data attribute of type Boolean or Date, for a client data type, you must click Save twice to save the record. (262898)
- If you configure the data access policy to Open Access, an incorrect message is displayed to a care team member when they try to remove themselves from the client's care team. The care team member can ignore this message. When they remove themselves from the care team, they are not redirected to the home page and can continue to access the client. (26453
- The reporting application is treating Allergy names as case-sensitive, for example, when you generate a report of the number of clients with specific allergy types, allergy names in different cases are being considered as two different allergies. (224396)
- If you create a report that contains height data, measurement time data is not displayed. (250238)
Assessment and questionnaire data is directly linked to each client. When you create a report that contains assessment or questionnaire data, and program data, the assessment or questionnaire data is displayed for all programs to which the client is assigned. This behavior occurs regardless of whether the program contains that particular assessment or questionnaire content. (261299)
- When you create assessment and questionnaires reports and include Assessments by Program data items or Questionnaires by Program Name data items, no data is displayed. (INC2413936, 261278)
- When SSO is enabled, if you sign out of the reporting application, you are automatically signed back in. If you experience this issue, sign out of the Watson Care Manager application, then sign out of the reporting application. (263876)
- The help icon is not displayed when you log in to the reporting application. To see the help icon, click the area to the right of the user icon in the application toolbar. The help icon becomes available. (263869)
- When you try to run the Clients Receiving Care report, an error message is displayed. (264350)
- If you register a client in Watson Care Manager, Connect 360 checks for a match and if no match is found, automatically registers the client in Connect 360. If you subsequently search for the client in Watson Care Manager and Connect 360, the search results indicate that the client is registered in both applications. However, if you then open the client’s Virtual Client Record, an inaccurate error message displays. (242258)
- When you search for a client in both systems a misleading error message is intermittently displayed. The message indicates that the search results show only Watson Care Manager clients. The message displays only when the client you searched for was originally registered in Watson Care Manager and subsequently registered in Connect 360 automatically. Ignore this message, the client exists in both systems and is shown in the search results as expected. (256209, 252716)
Part number: 5725V59
Date of submission for approval: September 2020
© Copyright 2016, 2020 IBM Corporation
17 September 2020