IBM® Watson™ Care Manager August 2020 Release Notes
What's new for care teams
What's new for administrators
What's new for reporting
Welcome to the August 2020 release of Watson Care Manager. Care teams can now filter and sort client actions and there is a usability update to programs. In addition, there are updates to data sets in Reporting.
So that you can more easily identify the changes that apply to your instance of Watson Care Manager, updates are tagged as follows:
- Watson Care Manager - these updates are for all Watson Care Manager customers.
- Reporting - these items apply to all Watson Care Manager customers using Watson Care Manager Reporting.
- Service Providers - these items apply to Watson Care Manager customers with the Providers feature enabled.
- Organization Units - these updates are for all Watson Care Manager customers with Organization Units enabled.
- Community Service Referral - these items apply to customers who have licensed the Watson Care Manager Community Service Referral add-on.
- Community Service Payment - these items apply to customers who have licensed the Watson Care Manager Community Service Payment add-on.
- Connect Providers - these items apply to customers who have licensed the Watson Care Manager Connect Providers add-on.
- Connect Individuals - these items apply to customers who have licensed the Watson Care Manager Connect Individual add-on.
- Connect 360 - these items apply to customers who are integrated with the IBM Health and Human Services Connect 360 application.
By default, the IBM App ID service authenticates users when they sign in to Watson Care Manager applications. If your organization has a Federated Identity Management (FIM) arrangement with a third party identity provider, like Ping Federate or Okta, you can now request that Watson Care Manager integrate with your identity provider. This means that your identity provider will authenticate users' access to Watson Care Manager applications and other applications used by your organization, not IBM App ID. To request this integration, submit a case on the Watson Health Support Portal.
Note: This option is available only to new Watson Care Manager customers, not to existing customers. In addition, this option applies only to users of the Watson Care Manager and Reporting applications. It does not apply to users of the Connect applications.
Filtering and sorting client actions
Usability update to programs
Assessment and Questionnaire completion time
Watson Care Manager
So that completed client questionnaires can be sent from external systems to Watson Care Manager, you can now share configured questionnaires with external systems. When a questionnaire is shared, you can download its API document for use by your organization's systems integrator. The API document contains REST API calls and structure required for external systems to send completed questionnaires to Watson Care Manager so that the latest questionnaire information is available in all systems for a client.
Watson Care Manager
So that you can configure more values for drop-down, multi select, and radio button answer types, the limit of 40 values is now removed. This increased limit applies when you configure answer types for questionnaires and script assessments.
Watson Care Manager
Watson Care Manager
So that you can easily remove subscriber authentications that are obsolete or configured in error, you can now delete these.
Previously touchpoints with a status of Draft or Ready for Review status were not shown in touchpoint reports. The Status data item in the Touchpoint data set shows these additional statuses when used in reports. If required, you can filter out these statuses from existing reports.
Previously, data in reports was only visible 24 hours after it was recorded in the Watson Care Manager application. We have updated the data refresh cycle to run every 2 hours. So that you are aware of when the last data refresh took place, a Data Refresh table was added to the About Watson Care Manager Reporting folder. This table shows the last refresh date and time and the status of the last refresh (Complete/In Progress). Data recorded after the last refresh date will not be available .
Watson Care Manager
- When selecting a Share Care Plan template to view in the Administrator workspace, an error message is displayed intermittently and the page does not load correctly. If you encounter this error, refresh your browser window, navigate back to the Share Care Plan template list and select the template again. (262976)
- When you add a note to a barrier and generate the share care plan PDF to share with other systems through an API, an error message is displayed. If you download the PDF, the note is shown in the PDF as expected. (262420)
- When you add configured client data to a client's record and generate the share care plan PDF to share with other systems through an API, the client data is not displayed in the PDF. If you download the PDF, the configured client data is shown in the PDF as expected. (262461)
- If you configure a client data type and include it in the share care plan PDF, the value shown for Date Time for the client data type in the PDF is incorrect. The value matches the Watson Care Manager server time zone, instead of the care manager's preferred time zone that is set in their preferences in the Care Team workspace. (262097)
- If you update a condition classification in the Care Team application to a blank value, the classification value does not update in existing reports. (254482)
- If you create a report that contains notes and notes comments data, an error displays. (250109)
- If you create a report that contains notes data, the report shows only notes for clients who have an associated program. It does not display data for clients who have no associated program but who have at least one note. (239618, 245031)
Watson Care Manager
- When you save a quick note, an inaccurate message displays saying that the touchpoint is saved regardless of whether the note type is Touchpoint. (257285)
- When you filter Notes Highlights for the last month, highlights from over a month ago are displayed in addition to highlights for the last month. (245154)
- If you try to complete certain actions, for example, create a referral or assign a program, and you do not have access to the client, you cannot complete the action and no error message is displayed. If you are sure that you need access to the client, either request emergency access to the client or ask a care team member to add you to the client's care team. (259832)
- When selecting to show or hide a source or original source system in the Administration workspace, in some instances, an incorrect error message with invalid codes is displayed. Ignore this message and continue to show or hide the selected value. (261380)
- When you configure and activate a client data type for the first time with an effective from date in the future, an error message is displayed on the client's Data page. To avoid this issue, create your client data types on the date that they are effective from, so that the date isn't in the future. (262482)
- If you assign a program when you assign a referral in the Care Team workspace, and you are not on the client's care team, an error message saying 'You don't have have access to the client' is displayed. To avoid this issue, assign the program after you assign the referral. (262377)
- When care teams download a client share care Plan PDF that includes more than 150 configured client data records, a timeout error message is displayed. To avoid this issue, configure the Share Care Plan template to print a maximum of 150 configured client data type records. Configure fewer client data versions to show or adjust the number of display records to accommodate no more than 150 configured client data type records. (262352)
- When you edit height, weight, or waist circumference client data records that were entered in imperial measurement units (pounds or inches), the value displayed on the edit page is incorrect. (262621)
- The reporting application is treating Allergy names as case-sensitive, for example, when you generate a report of the number of clients with specific allergy types, allergy names in different cases are being considered as two different allergies. (224396)
- If you create a report that contains height data, measurement time data is not displayed. (250238)
- Assessment and questionnaire data is directly linked to each client. When you create a report that contains assessment or questionnaire data, and program data, the assessment or questionnaire data is displayed for all programs to which the client is assigned. This behavior occurs regardless of whether the program contains that particular assessment or questionnaire content. (261299)
- When you create assessment and questionnaires reports and include Assessments by Program data items or Questionnaires by Program Name data items, no data is displayed. (INC2413936, 261278)
- When SSO is enabled, if you sign out of the reporting application, you are automatically signed back in. If you experience this issue, sign out of the Watson Care Manager application, then sign out of the reporting application. (263876)
- The help icon is not displayed when you log in to the reporting application. To see the help icon, click the area to the right of the user icon in the application toolbar. The help icon becomes available. (263869)
- The note text for touchpoints with a status of draft, ready for review, or discarded is not displayed in reports. (263940)
Watson Care Manager Connect 360
- If you register a client in Watson Care Manager, Connect 360 checks for a match and if no match is found, automatically registers the client in Connect 360. If you subsequently search for the client in Watson Care Manager and Connect 360, the search results indicate that the client is registered in both applications. However, if you then open the client’s Virtual Client Record, an inaccurate error message displays. (242258)
- When you search for a client in both systems a misleading error message is intermittently displayed. The message indicates that the search results show only Watson Care Manager clients. The message displays only when the client you searched for was originally registered in Watson Care Manager and subsequently registered in Connect 360 automatically. Ignore this message, the client exists in both systems and is shown in the search results as expected. (256209, 252716)
Watson Care Manager Community Services Payment
- If you are using payments, do not use 2 weekly or 4 weekly services. There is an issue with payment calculations for services with frequencies of 2 weekly and 4 weekly. (242597)
Part number: 5725V59
Date of submission for approval: August 2020
© Copyright 2016, 2020 IBM Corporation
15 September 2020