I am very excited to announce the release of IBM Big Replicate for Hadoop 2.15.1, Object Stores 2.15.1, Hive Plugin 6.0, Security plugin 5.0 and Backup plugin 5.0.
WHAT IS IBM BIG REPLICATE?
Big Replicate is a replication technology that gives you LIVE DATA — consistent data everywhere, spanning platforms and locations, even for changing data at petabyte scale. Big Replicate enables data replication for Hadoop and cloud object stores with continuous data availability and consistency exceeding the most demanding enterprise SLAs.
WHY BIG REPLICATE?
Moving big data operations from lab to production environments, across multiple Hadoop distributions, and on-premise to cloud governed by data availability agreements is no easy task. Big Replicate helps customers solve these problems with the following benefits:
– 100% Availability of data with virtually zero RTO/RPO
– Reduced costs by doubling capacity with no increase in hardware costs
– Migrate to cloud easily with no problem and no downtime
– Fast and real-time data replication
– No vendor lock-in
WHAT’S NEW IN THIS RELEASE?
Add and remove nodes.
With the addition of this functionality, Fusion nodes can be added and removed from a deployment without disrupting operations.
– This functionality lets an administrator isolate and remove a failed or stopped Fusion server, enabling continued operations even in the event of unrecoverable instance failure.
– It allows new Fusion servers to be introduced so they can contribute to operation, potentially in response to a removed server or to add horizontal capacity to a deployed Fusion environment.
SOME USEFUL LINKS
Technical documentation can be found in IBM Knowledge Center..
This new release of Big Replicate offerings is available for download from Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express website.
Learn more by visiting US.